350, Better to forget?

PackRat

Buzzard Pilot
Reaction score
I was looking over the forums, when it hit me. There's no forum for the old 350 Olds diesels.
Anyone know if there are any of these antiques still running around?
Just a random though from a twisted mind.

mocetane

Reaction score
Did not know any existed anymore. Call the Smithsonian. They might have some stuff for it.
Sorry, just kidding. Don't they convert into a killer hot rod motor with different heads, intake etc. They are a strong, high nickle block. Used to read articles about them it Hot Rod Etc.
Maybe even that is obsolete now with all the World Products and other Hard Core (Bill Mitchell) racing crate motors. Ford, Mopar, and GM have some over the counter crate motors that are killer too. Mopar/Chrysler 426/512 crate Hemi is now really a Mercedes Hemi? WTH? Something don't sound right. cookoo
Enough already.

aaklingler

Reaction score
i've got the last one, '83 olds delta 88, 168k miles, multiple sets of head gaskets but nothin else, she hasn't been feelin good though lately, she stumbles in the high rpms, i'm hoping a filter helps, the ip and injectors could be getting tired though, i think theres a couple guys on TDS that have them too.

mocetane

Reaction score
aaklingler said:
i've got the last one, '83 olds delta 88, 168k miles, multiple sets of head gaskets but nothin else, she hasn't been feelin good though lately, she stumbles in the high rpms, i'm hoping a filter helps, the ip and injectors could be getting tired though, i think theres a couple guys on TDS that have them too.

;Sweet :thumbsup:

PackRat

Buzzard Pilot
Reaction score
Word I got from a couple old racers, is that with 403 or 455 top end, they run like a scalded dog.

I understand that the late production models were roller cam. I considered putting one in my 86 Camaro, when the 2.8 died. Having just spent $1200 on a reman trans, I just dropped a nice warranted crate 2.8 back in, instead. Last I heard, it was in the back of some guys shop, having cracked it's 2nd torque convertor snout. Apparently the tranny shop didn't do all the upgrades when it was rebuilt.
Anyhow, I figured a twin turbo 5.7 roller would be a pretty wicked mill, and stupid enough to make people wonder about my sanity.