2015 IDI weekend

Agnem

Using the Force!
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Shame that there is an MOB rally that competes with this.

Yeah I'm not sure why the decision was made to hold them at the same time. The MOB rally is a new annual and should have been scheduled at another time so people would not be forced to choose, but could instead attend both.

argve

Resident Fruitcake
Reaction score
The Midwestern event does overlap a bit but continues into the next week following so that if someone wanted to attend both they could. I am also trying not to have any events scheduled the first weekend so that if some one wanted to attend both they would not miss any group outings. The main reason behind having it start over the fourth weekend was because it is a holiday weekend and it would give most of us an extra day off that someone would not have to burn as much vacation time. Trust me guys it was hard decision to come to on when to start the Midwestern times. I weighed all suggestions but went with what I thought would limit the conflict between the two rallies. trust me when I say I actually went against the masses as to when hold it. as the major thing I heard was actually during the same time frame. Jill and I actually looked at attending both but money dictated that we could not pull off a run like that.

I hold no bad feelings towards the eastern rally and am actually glad to see it still continuing to blossom every year. But we are getting to be a large group and with the distance between folks it only makes logical sense to break the group down into small chapters if you will. I hope that we can grow our chapter out here in the Midwest into something that resembles the eastern groups size, integrity and comradery.

The main difference with us is I know I'm going to try and incorporate more than just Ford IDI's into the group and make it more of a diesel group. again not to take away from the IDI's - trust me on that heck I own one and love it.

no mufflers

Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Just to give everyone who plans on entering the show and shine something to look forward to. I will be making all the trophies that will be given away for this rally, so hopefully everyone likes them. I don't want to give too much away but they will be made of stainless steel, so they will last forever.

argve

Resident Fruitcake
Reaction score
seeing the quality level of the work you have done on your truck those trophies I'm sure they will be out of sight.

no mufflers

Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Here is a update on some of the events for IDI week.

I have a spot reserved for Thursday July 2nd for a sunset ride to the summit of Mt Washington. It is an after hours tour but this is the only time we are able to make this drive due to the size of our trucks. Just as a reminder if you have a truck that is over the size restrictions this is the only time you can drive that truck to Mt Washington.
I also had Friday planned for the truck Dyno but he will not be working that weekend so that has been canceled.

Agnem

Using the Force!
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Sounds great! I'm not too upset about the Dyno. I don't think we have a lot of interest in that this time. We are still trying to figure out who/which trucks in our family will be coming. The boys have jobs and Matthias will be in Spain leading right up to the event. I doubt the Night Moose will be there this year.

no mufflers

Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Thanks for the update Mel, it would be nice to see at least three of the Moose trucks there.

no mufflers

Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
here is an update of all the events for IDI week.

• Sunday June 28th - No events planned due to arrivals. Meet and greet at the fire.

• Monday June 29th – No events planned due to arrivals. Meet and greet at the fire.

• Tuesday June 30th – Woodstock brewery tour.

• Wednesday July 1st – HoBo railroad train ride. There are three rides at 11:00, 1:00, and 3:00.

• Thursday July 2nd – Lost river gorge and boulder caves.
-Drive to the summit of MT Washington. This is a sun set ride.

• Friday July 3rd – cross roads of America museum.

• Saturday July 4th – Show and shine in the campground field. The Woodstock fire department will be doing the judging for the trucks. We will then meet in the tent and have a rally dinner, gift exchange and hand out the trophies.

• Sunday July 5th – No events planned as we pack up for some and say our goodbyes and farewells.

dunk

Dunce
Reaction score
I've got a trip planned to be in Maine about an hour or two drive away July 5-19, give or take, so I may make this at least for Saturday. Be aware there are vehicle length restrictions on the auto road up Mt. Washington. Crew cab trucks were a no go when I checked and I'm not sure if Supercab skates under the limit. You'll want to check and see. The road is very narrow in places and has some sheer drops and tight turns. It's a great drive with awesome views if the weather is clear. I've both driven up and hiked, a great experience.

no mufflers

Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Saturday will be a great day to join the group for the truck show if you are interested in that. I appreciate the concern about MT Washington, but I have special arrangements made so no one else will be going up the road. It will just be the truck group and two spotting cars in the front and back of the line.

Agnem

Using the Force!
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Thanks for the update! Looks like a lot of fun for sure! We still need more shirt orders!

Danielle

No, it's not finished
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Just want to see what's up and make our reservations, still on?

no mufflers

Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Yes the event is still on, and make you're reservations ASAP. The spots are filling up fast.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
m2rtin

Members online