2012 Rally location?

BlueOvalBud

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Well guys, I don't think the 65 is going to be ready for the 2011 Rally. Some other higher-priority things have popped up, and the 65 is the low man on the totem pole right now.
However, I will still be attending! I'll be runnin' the '85 down!!
So I'm wondering if there has been any talk about where the 2012 Rally will be held. This way I'll be able to get it ready for a nice loooong run ;Sweet
And if I'm going for a loooong cross country drive, I'll have plenty of time to find, adapt, and install some type of A/C. :D

How about that Rally fever? I think my temperature is thru the roof! :thumbsup:

dyoung14

Is getting worn out
Reaction score
I think he means this years rally guys, maybe i misunderstood, this years is in PA

flareside_thun

Reviving The General Tao
Reaction score
Nah, he's definitely talking about next year's. I'm interested too but it's too early to be discussing it yet. Hopefully, it'll be somewhere close to us southerners.... ;)

icanfixall

Official GMM hand model
Reaction score
Why not on the west coast... We sure do have plenty of things and places to see.... Museums of all kinds... an observatory... Hollywood... Diesel Power Magazine corprate offices.... Just a few things plus.... More wrecking yards full of rust free metal... Core supports for both idi radiaters too..... Bring your trailers and haul back all you can....:sly:D Actually I would rather travel to a ralley than have one close by.... I enjoy a good road trip....

88beast

Full Access Member
Reaction score
plus we got ehough cali hippies on here with their cow flatuance depleting the ozone stuff and i may convert once i see those rust free trucks
but a rally histroy map would be cool
and i think 2 rallys are in order one east one west becasue any coast is too far for most on the other coast but i can fix all well put it in maine or florida for ya nice 3 week road trip

hesutton

The Anti-Anderson
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Like Aric stated earlier, that happens at the Rally. We all sit around a campfire (we do that every night) and discuss who wants to host it and where it will be. It should be hosted by someone whose been to at least one Rally and knows what they are all about.

Heath

Agnem

Using the Force!
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Aric and Heath are correct. In the last decade one thing has been proven, and that is that those who attend the rally are likely to attend again. Consequently the best forum for discussion is AT the rally. Another rule is you must have attended one to host one. A person or family that has attended more than one stand a better chance of getting the popular vote. Normally folks who think they would like to host will come to the rally with some kind of framework on what they would present, and then we all discuss it. If more than one person wants to host, and both seem viable, then we will either ask one to take one year, and the other the next, or we'll post it to the board for a vote. Location is key for good attendance. If it gets too far east, attendance starts to suffer. This is why we never have events of a coastal nature. That said, there is no reason why an individual can't put together a complimentary event. The west coast started out strong with an annual event, but it faultered and has occured sporadically. The Hoosier area has enjoyed an annual event in the winter, as well as an occasional summer event. I think the guys in Florida have tried a time or two to get something going, but these gatherings have always been pretty small. The IDI Weekend franchise, which I would have to say has been the most reliable gathering, which people can actually plan their annual vacations around a year in advance with confidence, has been to the following areas, in order beginning in 2002:

Clarion PA
Bowmansville PA
Byron Center MI
Lisbon OH
Chattanooga TN
Rising Sun IN
New Centerville PA
Bowling Green KY
Garden Prarie Ill

If somebody wants to make a map of that feel free. The farthest east was the Bowmansville Rally, the farthest West was the Garden Prarie one. The farthest North is Byron Center, and the farthest south was Chattanooga.

Dieselcrawler

Professional wrench holder
Staff member
Reaction score
damn, bowmansville wasnt that far away and i missed it. lol but that was 2003, was in 10th grade. haha

BlueOvalBud

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Why not on the west coast... We sure do have plenty of things and places to see.... Museums of all kinds... an observatory... Hollywood... Diesel Power Magazine corprate offices.... Just a few things plus.... More wrecking yards full of rust free metal... Core supports for both idi radiaters too..... Bring your trailers and haul back all you can....:sly:D Actually I would rather travel to a ralley than have one close by.... I enjoy a good road trip....

Thanks for setting me straight guys!
Run out to CA and haul back some parts...I wouldn't mind that, although I think I "hate" you west coast guys with your rust-free stuff. No, not hate...just extremely jealous! :D

86ford69

86 Ford F250 6.9
Reaction score
My truck spent 24 hrs in Florida and has not rust. I would never buy a rust bucket. I spent 18 yes in Michigan and saw enough rust buckets to drive a man crazy. I really hope next yes rally is somewhere close to me so I can attend and meet some fellow IDI guys. I only have one friend with a diesel and it's a 03 psd and he docent now ****** crap about diesels. If I could come up with the fuel money I would deff be there.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ntjapkes