2002 F250

Evilgt

Reaction score
Hey. One of the guys at work is lokking at a 02 7.3 stroker with a 129k on it. Anything in particular that we should be looking for on that year and model of truck? He wants to replace his 03 chevy gasser with a diesel.

kyle

OLDBULL8

Good Morning Ya'll.
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Depends on how good of maintainance the PO has done on it. Coolant with the proper SCA's level, oil changes 3K to 5K miles, What brand oil is he using? Differential lube change, trans oil and filter change. Is it a 4X4? Will the hubs lock up manual and auto? Has the hubs ever been relubed? Has the lube ever been changed in the transfer case? Steering tire wear. Do the glow plugs operate correctly up to 20 seconds cold, 25-30 degrees, not just on/off for 3-4 seconds. Start the truck when cold, see how it starts/cranks. Is it an automatic "4R100"? Does it shift good, cold or hot? Drive shaft leaks? Brake pads, calipers and rotors. Repairs on diesel's are expensive as you may know.

Agnem

Using the Force!
Supporting Member
Reaction score
My 02' Excursion ate an injector cup around 180K. Seems it was due to vibration from hard injector O-rings. So, if he gets it, I'd strongly consider pulling the injectors, and replacing the O-rings. Make sure the injectors are torqued down properly. Other than that, mine just turned 190K and still runs like a top.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
RangerDanger

Members online