2000 7.3 PSD ZF6 into a 1976 scout 2 terra

no mufflers

Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
the title says it all, as some of you know I have recently acquired a 2000 f250 4x4. this is more of my dads project but I have all the parts so I will be getting involved in it also. this scout has had several changes since we got it in 2008 ish. it started as a burnout truck, you can you tube 2010 turkey burn and I was the kid with long hair in a POS green scout whipping donuts. after that it was lifted and made into a off-road rig, we drove it around for a while and the motor didn't have enough power so it got taken apart and its been in pieces ever since.

now my dad is not a big diesel fan but I proposed the idea to him and he was for it so that's a good start. I like the diesel idea because the 7.3 can make plenty of power and be way more efficient then a big gasser. I know the PSD will be a challenge to retrofit but its what I have as a complete drive train.

I would like everyone's comments, opinions, suggestions and so on. this is not a project that will be going on soon but I want to get the idea out there so I can have a better idea of what I need to do.

I will post some pictures soon....

IDIoit

MachinistFabricator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
youtube Mark fugozzotto
he retrofits the wiring harness so you can put it in anything
either copy him or spend the 150-ish and have him convert it for you!

no mufflers

Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
the links didn't work the way I wanted but if you copy and paste them on you tube the video will come up.

EDIT: never mind there good now, its still morning around here.

Last edited:

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
lewisstevey7