2 things Ive figured out

fjkontur

Reaction score
It's winter in Texas: Take your fan off and drive it around without one. I did for several years, never had any issues except I couldn't use the air conditioning on very hot days with the truck parked/not moving. If you see significant mileage improvements, you've found your culprit. The only catch is if you tow heavy, you will want that fan as it moves lots of air.

In regards to the camber you are seeing: the twin traction beam front ends are pretty notorious for having lots of camber when you back up and then park your truck. I've always believed that when you back up, your front axle "squats" like a drag car taking off does in the back, and with the weight of the diesel, it simply stays in a "sagged" position. If your leafs are tired this will be more pronounced.

Tire wear is the ultimate measurement: how are your tires wearing?
I replaced my thermostat with a Motorcraft replacement, and to my horror it stil doesn't get very hot. Ive checked everything. I even turned the radiator fan to check it.. Well, it does turn but I also heard a buddy's truck and his fan sounds different. I believe my fan wont unlock when its up to operating temperature..even though it spins when turned by hand. Ergo, i believe then fan remains engaged the whole time, costing me $$$ and mileage.

2nd thing: when I view my 89 F-250 from a distance it appears the tires "lean in" sometimes and at other times they dont... Am I wrong in assuming the radius arm bushings are fixing to be toast. or could it be that my front coil springs have "taken and set" and are just worn out?

So my fellow compression combustion comrades, please give me the benefit of your experience, education and well frankly youre opinions.