1999 white haze

94turbocrewcab-lb

Full Access Member
Reaction score
So I bout a truck from a friend 1999 6 spd..fuel system has been replaced from tank to go pump and larger return lines..I’ve owned a lot of diesels and this is the first Cummins. I’ve noticed a little bit of a haze at idle..this goes on for awhile but eventually goes away..we’ve only driven this truck 5 miles in two years. But it’s about to be on the road..is this something a Cummins might just do for a little while? It’s a bit of a nasty smell compared to a 7.3 or MB diesels.. hopefully it’d nothing serious. The vp44 has been changed once already before we got it. Mileage 219k

Cant Write

Full Access Member
Reaction score
My guess is original injectors (worn some) coupled with sitting

Does it go away when warm?

Run a couple tanks through it. Get it warm, use an additive to help the VP44.

My ‘01 (380k) (sold) and my ‘02 (218k) will both do it after sitting for a month.

94turbocrewcab-lb

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Thanks..i never really drive it..im
Waiting to cut out the drivers pan and replace it and then drop a new seat into it. Not sure why I even have the thing really?

Cant Write

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Could it serve as a good winter beater and save your OBS for nicer weather, or at least roads without the horrible 3?

Salt, Mag Chloride, Calcium Chloride

94turbocrewcab-lb

Full Access Member
Reaction score
That was my plan..we have nasty stuff on the roads here. But with fuel prices I’ve been driving a 2005 sprinter. Works much better for my business and looks more professional too. To many Diesel engines in the driveway starts to get expensive

Cant Write

Full Access Member
Reaction score
So true, I wonder if the price will ever get near regular gas again.

I love the turbo up here at elevation, had my neighbor never owned an ALH TDI and sell it to me for $350, I’d prolly still happily be in ignorance with gas vehicles.