1994 6.5L wont stay running ECM code 13

chrisk1500

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Your code 13 is from the ESO.

It is a serviceable item on the IP. It is a tall silver cylinder with a wire pigtail coming off of it. Dave is getting a little confused here between the fuel solenoid and the shut off solenoid.

When the engine stalls, disconnect the ESO wiring harness and make sure that there is a 12v signal coming from the engine harness to the ESO. If the signal is not present, there is a wiring issue, if the 12v is present then you need a new ESO. They are easily replaced....like a 5 minute job!

6.5L_turdburg

Reaction score
ok well i unplugged that once while it was running to se what it did thats probally what threw the code anyways i replaced the pmd with the heath isolator kit and i havent had an issue in over 80 miles wich is alot compared to the frequency of stalls i was getting , about once every 5-8 miles

Dave Barbieri

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Your code 13 is from the ESO.

It is a serviceable item on the IP. It is a tall silver cylinder with a wire pigtail coming off of it. Dave is getting a little confused here between the fuel solenoid and the shut off solenoid.

When the engine stalls, disconnect the ESO wiring harness and make sure that there is a 12v signal coming from the engine harness to the ESO. If the signal is not present, there is a wiring issue, if the 12v is present then you need a new ESO. They are easily replaced....like a 5 minute job!
Right. My bad. I actually have a couple of 'spares'. Let me know if you need one for test purposes.

Thanks for clearing that up, Chris!

chrisk1500

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Clear the codes now and see if any come back....sounds like you have it cased....

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
lewisstevey7

Members online