1993 ford 7.3 idi few questions

ford-7.3-IDI

Reaction score
:slywould like to know if i can get my 1993 7.3 idi to keep up with my buddies 1995 6.5 gm any ideas would be helpfull. i can beat my other friends fist gen and can keep up with my friends 6.5 but not pass him. i turned pump up, add 4 inch exhaust, custom intake advanced timming, new bb code injectors, tapped in to the adv...anced sileonid and can control it by a switch, electronic transfer pump. 1993 4 door ford f-350 7.3 idi N/A 0 -60 in 13.5 sec
:sly

6 Nebraska IDIs

Reaction score
With all the other mods you've done the only thing you can really do now is turbo it. If you really want to pull their pants down then back the turbo up with a good efficient intercooler. You're doing pretty good with a NA motor as it is though.

ford-7.3-IDI

Reaction score
ok thanks, yea i was just wondering if there was any other mod i could of done. im not complaing of what it does now its not to bad. with the other mods i have done how much will it help to put a turbo on it will there be a big difference.

MidnightBlade

Shiftin' Smooth
Reaction score
better MPG cant say for power havent owned or driven a TC IDI. could also go to 3.55 or 3.05 diffs. more speed but less torque, shouldnt be an issue

redneckaggie

rebel w/o a cause
Reaction score
Buddy of mine had a old wore out non wg banks on his idi and thing would run like a ***** ape compared to my na. I know most guys around here say the difference is night and day.

86F2506.9

6.9 International
Reaction score
There is a big diffrence with the a turbo i like how my 6.9 runs but i think i have a boost leak somewere but thats guna get figured out soon im makein a new intake hat wich is annoying with the ats non wastegated turbo the 088 cause the turbo outlet comes right to where the intake manifold is so i cant just spin my intake hat

dyoung14

Is getting worn out
Reaction score
The difference is absolutley night and day, my n/a wasnt slow, but now after im turboed its crazy you will suck the paint off of a 6.5 if you turbo your, but really you should be able to anyway if the 6.5 is stock

93f250idi

strokin
Reaction score
in my 93 f350 non turbo i had i could beat first gen psds unless they were chipped and wouldnt of been scared to take on a 6.5 any day. with the timing advanced and pump turned up it was pretty fast

icanfixall

Official GMM hand model
Reaction score
Yes but.... The 94 turbo must be from an idi engine. If it from a 94 power stroke engine it wont just bolt on... you need to fabricate lots of parts... Any turbo that will fit a 6.9 engine will fit a 7.3 engine. They just bolt right on. The only small differances are if the trans is auto or standard... All these idi blocks and heads are drilled exactlly the same locations. Only the size of the head bolts are differant from the 6.9 and 7.3...

94turboidi

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I have a 90 idi engine w/ a 94 idi turbo on it. The 94 had a auto and the 90 has a manual. I didn't know if the crossover pipe would fit but it fits perfect not even close to the transmission. I know on some of the aftermarket kits there is a difference but the factory must of just went w/ one pipe design to mass produce it somewhat.