1993 Crew Cab flatbed project.

War Wagon

Full Access Member
Reaction score
1993 was the last year of vehicles produced with R-12. The fittings will tell you if it has been retrofitted or of it is still original as they are different.

If you haven't worked on the tensioner yet I would suggest getting the OEM updated one with the dampener shock on it. Ebay has way better deals on the updated tensioner than you will find at the dealership. It's a rip off if you have to buy it at the dealer. My experiences have taught me that it's a good idea at the same time to replace all of the idler pulleys as well since they are probably due.

How do you like the new tires? They look great on there. I sure would like to hear how they hold up durability wise. The first I ever saw of that brand was a couple months ago in Diesel Power. None of my local tire shops carry them.

Fatography

Full Access Member
Reaction score
My truck had R12. We swapped out the fittings and converted it to R134a. The compressor is junk. It sounds like a sewing machine. I am going to replace the comp, vacuum pump, idler pulley at the same time.

The tires work great. I went with 285x75r16 E-Rated. My truck is so loud I can't hear the tires.

I'm so country... I'm my own damn cousin.

Fatography

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Another question I have. I am just over 300k on my rig. I would really love to add a turbo kit but I am afraid of hurting the motor. What's everyone think? It's too late for my motor? Swap in a Cummins instead?

War Wagon

Full Access Member
Reaction score
If it were me I think I would check out the blow by and if it wasn't excessive I would go ahead with a turbo.

War Wagon

Full Access Member
Reaction score
For longevity, I would change the head gaskets and install studs first.

Sent from my SM-G900R4 using Tapatalk

That's sure not a bad thought. It defiantly gives you a good look at where the condition of your engine is. I went this direction with mine. I was going to do new head gaskets, studs, and reseal the oil cooler. It turned into a full blown engine build.

Fatography

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I took my Kawi for a ride in our local mountains on Sunday. Ever since I installed the new suspension my chase rack needed to be modified. I spent today cutting her up and redoing it. Fits like a glove now.

You must be registered for see images attach

Fatography

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I have decided to sell my truck. I am really not sure what it's worth but I am going to build a 4x4 Van instead. What should I list it for?

GOLF CART DORK.

Fatography

Full Access Member
Reaction score
1993 Ford F350 Diesel 4x4 Flatbed. New 33" GBC Mud hog tires, HD Aluminum radiator, new alternator, new amp and speakers, on board Air Compressor, new LED cab lights, new AC compressor, registration just paid, no smog required. Runs good, rebuilt transmission has less than 15k miles on it. I bought a new truck so it's time to sell this one. Great work truck.
$5500 takes it.
951-834-5398

GOLF CART DORK.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ntjapkes