1992 F-250 XLT 4WD 17,500 ORIGINAL MILES

sgtpool

Reaction score
THANK AGAIN GUYS. THATS THE WAY I WAS LEANING ALSO. IN REPLY TO "APEX", I WAS SIMPLY SAYING DONT WASTE OUR TIME SAYING THE TRUCKS ONLY WOTH A FEW GRAND AS SOME OTHERS DID. SORRY TO OFFEND YOU!

I THINK I'M GOING TO KEEP THE TRUCK AND ENJOY. WITHOUT GOING WITH A TURBO. WHAT OPTIONS DO I HAVE IN REF. TO UPGRADES. I KNOW THERE ARE NO CHIPS FOR IT. I'M TALKING AIR CLEANER, EXHAUST, INJECTORS.

THANKS AGAIN FOR THE HELP

pafixitman

Reaction score
Go east tomorrow:

Time for another Regional family get together. This time we will move a little east, and go to Lancaster. The last one was in York. Come out to Hoss's near Lancaster Airport, and let's get ready for spring! Trucks line up in the North end of the parking lot at 2:00pm, and we will go in around 3:00pm. Hope to see you there.
- Mel
Delta PA.

http://www.hosss.com/locations.html

Lititz
100 West Airport Road
Lititz, PA 17543
(717) 519-6853
Rt. 30 Lititz Pike Exit then North on 501 5 miles
Click here for a map to this location.

apextrans

What Log Book????
Reaction score
IN REPLY TO "APEX", I WAS SIMPLY SAYING DONT WASTE OUR TIME SAYING THE TRUCKS ONLY WOTH A FEW GRAND AS SOME OTHERS DID. SORRY TO OFFEND YOU!

I THINK I'M GOING TO KEEP THE TRUCK AND ENJOY. WITHOUT GOING WITH A TURBO. WHAT OPTIONS DO I HAVE IN REF. TO UPGRADES. I KNOW THERE ARE NO CHIPS FOR IT. I'M TALKING AIR CLEANER, EXHAUST, INJECTORS.

THANKS AGAIN FOR THE HELP

I must have misunderstood your meaning. I wasn't offened & you shouldn't be either. By-gones

Bigger injectors without a turbo will just make more smoke. Need more air with more fuel ie:turbo. Unless you just want to freshen the fuel system with new parts, I'd say leave that be. Get a K&N filter & staightpipe it. Save your original stuff though.

Darrin Tosh

IDI Hound
Reaction score
Hey SGTPOOL, TURN OFF THE CAPS pplease, that is the only way you are being offensive,..

Anyway welcome to the site and you have a beautiful truck! Low mile reg cab trucks can bring big money. I sold a couple of 96 psd's with 50 to 60K for 13K.

Here is another example.

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/1997...086640445QQcategoryZ39416QQrdZ1QQcmdZViewItem

If the link doesnt work, it is a 97 F350 4x4 reg cab 460 V8 with 2,300 origional miles. on ebay that bid to $25,800.00 and didn't meet reserve.

It has been relisted with a buy it now for $25,900.00

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=200090999028

I would say you have a 10K truck there.

Good luck!

Diesel JD

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Maybe he does...he said he drives a Harely. You can get into a Hypermax turbo kit for around $1750 but you have to buy gaguges and exhaust and whatnot... only place to get a non wastegated turbo these days. You can get a wastegated ATS here for just a hair under 2 grand. http://dps-performance.com Otherwise for upgrades you can get any free flowing muffler such as a flowmasters or walker or whatever you like and a 3" ID pipe from the manifold back would be best, Y back would be easiest. You could also look into cutting out the soup bowl on the intake and building an Agnem mooseair or a Ziggster40 ramair system. You could also possibly look into a homebrew LPG injection system. The exhaust and intake mods are only going to help the engine but looking into LPG, turbo and turning up teh fuel there may be tradeoffs with life expectancy depending on if you know what you're doing and how you drive. You need an EGT gauge at least and other stuff maybe depending on how you go with it. Also you need to be sure to educate yourself about cavitation and use the appropriate additive or precharged diesel coolant. Goodluck whatever your decision is.

jr182pilot

Reaction score