1992 F-250 XLT 4WD 17,500 ORIGINAL MILES

sgtpool

Reaction score
HEY GUYS I HAVE A 92 FORD F-250 4WD. IT'S GRAY AND BLACK. I BOUGHT THE TRUCK IN NOV. 2006 FROM AN OLD MAN, WHO NEVER PLOWED OR TOWED ANYTHING WITH IT. THE TRUCK IS IN MINT CONDITION. THERE IS NO RUST WHATSOEVER. I PUT A 7'6" SNOWAY PLOW ON IT IN DEC 2006 AND PLOWED MY DRIVEWAY 3 TIMES WITH IT.

I AM WONDERING IF ANYONE WOULD BE INTERESTED IN BUYING THE TRUCK. IT IS PRACTICALLY BRAND NEW. I HAS BRAND NEW TIRES ALL THE WAY AROUND AND THE FRONT BRAKES HAVE BEEN COMPLETELY REPLACED, DUE TO IT SITTING FOR SO LONG(CALIPERS, PADS, ROTORS, LINES, HOSES AND MASTER CYLINDER)

I WAS REFERRED TO THIS SITE FROM "PLOWSITE.COM" IF YOU GUYS KNOW ANYONE SERIOUSLY INTERESTED IN THE TRUCK LET ME KNOW. ALSO LET ME KNOW WHAT YOU GUYS THINK IT'S WORTH. I HAVE A CLEAN TITLE. I DON'T NEED TO SELL IT, I MAY JUST DECIDE I WANT TO DO SOMETHING DIFFERENT.

THANKS..........AND DON'T WASTE MY TIME SAYING "IT'S A 15 YEAR OLD TRUCK AND WORTH $5K TOPS" LIKE SOMEONE ON THE OTHER SITE SAID.

EMAIL ME AT [email protected] FOR PICTURES OR CHECK OUT http://www.plowsite.com/showthread.php?t=45196

IF I KEEP IT I WANT TO INCREASE THE PERFORMANCE, SO I GUESS LET ME KNOW ABOUT THAT ALSO

Attachments

• %232.jpg
    %232.jpg
    53.7 KB · Views: 36
  • %233.jpg
    %233.jpg
    59 KB · Views: 38

TLBREWER

Windy B Ranch
Reaction score
Mike

First off welcome to the site!

THAT is one hell of a truck you've got there. You've come to the right place if you do decide to sell it. If you decide to keep it, this place is even better. We'll help you maintain it properly and we're always more than eager to help you spend your money.:rotflmao I went over to the snowplow website and read the advice there. Some has merit...some doesn't. There's been some discussion here lately on truck values.

My advice to you is put a turbo and gauges on it and KEEP it. You are going to have to spend three times the value of that truck to replace it. You're good for another 15-20 years with that truck. Ryan Eklund (another member here) and I had this exact conversation today. If you do decide to sell it, advertise it nationally. Chances are you will not get what it's worth in PA. It's a standard cab which is going against you somewhat, but it's not even broke in yet, which is working in your favor somewhat. Of course there may be some issues with the fact that it is that old and hasn't been driven much. Ryan and I discussed the whole IDI vs. Powerstroke vs. Superduty value topic today.

If you do decide to sell it, send a PM to Darrin Tosh. He's a dealer and always looking for trucks like yours. Only you know what you need to have for it and only the right buyer knows what it's worth to them. You may have to hold out to get to the right number. PM me if you'd like to discuss that more in-depth.

'Course if I hadn't just bought a new truck, I'd give you the $5-6K you were advised on the other site.:D

If you plan on hanging out here much, put more info in your signature about the truck so we can answer questions better.

Tom

Diesel JD

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Of course Darrin also says that a real creampuff standard cab like that will get some real money since most reg. cabs are beat to death as workhorses. Pretty truck. I say keep it unless you don't need or want a diesel pickup...if not you should be able to get better than blue book for one like that that is basically NOS.

jr182pilot

Reaction score
Hi Everybody, (first post)

sgtpool,

I own a 91 CrewCab, see my sig. I had an offer on my truck for $10,000 last Oct. cookoo Told the guy sorry, but no thanks....Comes back a week later with $15,000 cash.....:rotflmao Thinking I would see the cash and sell him my truck. NOT......You need to think real ******* selling your truck!!!

If, and I say IF, I were to get $24,000 I won't sell mine even for that amount of money, buying new would start at, what ? $45,000 up. For what? Higher repair bills and parts....Buying used would be out for me, I could not know, for sure what I was getting.....

Think ******* this one....You Don't want it to come back and BITE you where you sit, later.......

reklund

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Keep It!!! These old trucks are hard to find in good shape. I thought I'd found a gem when I bought mine with only 72K miles on it....

Pilot- PICS NOW PLEASE...that is all.

Ryan

sgtpool

Reaction score
HOW MUCH DID YOU SPEND FOR THE ATS SETUP YOU HAVE? I HAVE BEEN ADVISED AGAINST A BANKS SETUP. I HAD A 93 2WD 1500 W/T, WHEN I FOUND THIS F-250. I HAD ALWAYS WANTED ANOTHER DIESEL, SO IT WORKED OUT PERFECT. NOT SURE WHY I'M THINKING ABOUT SELLING.

WHAT AND HOW MUCH IS IT GOING TO COST TO PUT THE TURBO SETUP ON THE TRUCK. I'M ONLY GOING OT DRIVE IT ABOUT 5000 MILES A YEAR(I HAVE A 100 DAILY COMMUTE...THATS WHAT THE 89 CIVIC IS FOR). I'LL USE IT TO TRAILER MY HARLEY A FEW TIMES AND FOR PLOWING. WOULD IT EVEN REALLY BE WORTH IT TO UPGRADE???

THANKS A LOT GUYS:shoot:

reklund

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I put about $1200 into mine for the used ATS Turbo and a new exhaust setup. On a truck as nice as yours, I'd advise either leaving it stock if all you're towing is a Harley, or springing for new parts if you must tinker. I'd go for a new wastegated ATS setup- about $2500 and never look back. A truck that is still almost new deserves new parts in my opinion.

I've since added other goodies to mine and have made it really enjoyable to own. All of that, and STILL cheaper than a $500/mo payment on a new one!

Ryan

rubberfish

Reaction score
Welcome to Oilburners jr182pilot.
Pretty low miles. Cool. I wouldn't sell it either.
And sgtpool, unless you're strapped for space,
I'd be keeping that thing. One of these guys
here would turn it into a hotrod or something. :D :peelout

jr182pilot, you bringing yours up here in April?

hitechredneck

Hillbilly Deluxe
Reaction score
im looking for an idi myself. but i need to sell my 94 f-250 first. its only got 54k on it. but it has the 5.8 in it and nobody seems to want it. I wish i could find on with low miles but that becomine rare now

RLDSL

Diesel fuel abuser
Reaction score
Errr.. and you want to get rid of what is essentially a brand new truck exactly why :confused: :confused: :confused:
If you were to sell it and get a new vehicle, you'd be in the shop way more than you will with that thing, just getting warrenty issues ironed out, then when the warranty is up, you'l be spending more than you could get for that truck, everytime you turn around.

Keep it and enjoy. take good care of it and pass it on to your kids or grandkids ( or better yet, my kids :D

-----------Robert

apextrans

What Log Book????
Reaction score
Hmmm...Welcome to the site, I think. Not trying to be an ass here but did anyone else find it strange that SGT asks for an opinion & then says don't waste his time with said opinion? If its your 2nd post & you want an opinion, take it, good or bad. Doesn't mean you have to accept it, but you asked.

You've got an outstanding truck, obviously. I'm assuming you put the plow on out of need, not for fun but if resale is your objective...that may hurt you. If you're keeping it, great, plow away.

I had a second genereation Banks Sidewinder that was fantastic, 11.5psi of boost (with other mods). What's bad about Bank's is their sales pitch & information at times. They will tell you if you install this system (Sidewinder) your truck will run like a PSD. That's crap. You need to do much more than just a turbo to get close to a PSD. However, it will run like a different truck. You will encounter the same situation whether you choose Bank's, ATS, Hypermax & so on. Everybody has had a different experience with each company. It's your choice to make after you research it some.

I just sold a much older truck in nowhere near the condition of yours, in Maryland, for 8000.00. There's a point of reference for you. I would say no less than 10,000 for yours.

f-two-fiddy

Reaction score
Gotta figure its worth at least $8K. Course, the right person might go more. Only cash will talk with a truck like that. No bank is going to finance it. They'll say it's only worth $6500.

I'd say pull the plow off it, add a turbo, an keep it. We all know what salt does to these trucks.

In another 12 years it'll be a collector. You'll get higher than original retail for it, then.:thumbsup: :D

82fordtruck

Reaction score
Honestly, I don't think it's worth all that much either. Maybe 6-7k tops. New car financing what it is, it'll be easier for most people to afford a new truck instead of your truck.

What do you want? Why do you want to sell it?

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
olsen726