1989 ford idi redone

Diesel_brad

Dunce
Reaction score
nice job on the re-paint and kudos for working for what you have!

so what shoudl you fill the fender with? i have rust breaking out on my frotn fenders and i was toying with sandblasting and trying to use lead to fill it. i know it has its place but i have a bad tast in my mouth after watching buddies smear bondo in rust holes and watch it rust/fall back out when they are wheeling.

Either replace the $100 fender with a good one(the best choice)
Or cut out the rust and WELD or GLUE a new piece in

94IDIT

Reaction score
painted the ole truck with ford blue tsc paint and yes i know its probably going to fade and chalk up but im 16 and dont have alot of cash,and we tapped up all the bumpers glass wheels lights etc, the wheels are american eagle wheels got them off ebay for 468 bucks the style is 186 and the tires thats on it is 265 coopers looking to get some 275 mud tires soon and yes we did paint it in the garage bought killed me and my dad both, im 16 and i live on a farm i have to work for my stuff so i went cheap and baught this truck for 900 bucks, i have bought 10 head of cattle on my own and mostly ive built this truck from selling the calves they raise, im not like every teenager that gets there trucks from there mommy n daddys money and im not like every teenager that goes out and speed shifts every where they go and burns there tires off to i respect my stuff and im proud to say i drive an idi and im proud to say im a part of this forum

I Like your attitude Longhorn, I'm 21 and grew up ranching and had the same deal, if I wanted something, I had to wait till we sold calves in the fall to buy it. And there wasn't any help from the folks neither, because half the time they were as broke as meLOL Hell, I'm waiting for this fall's calf check to do some work on my 800.00 dollar IDI :rotflmao

longhorn795

Full Access Member
Reaction score
theres a guy around here that makes front end replacements himself and they look exactly like a ranchand maybe even better,he charges 550 for one which isnt to bad

93fordturbo

Full Access Member
Reaction score
dieselbrad, any positive comments would be nice. Said nothing about the truck, only letting him know that you know about body work and that he should have done this or that. I don't get it. Nice truck Longhorn!

Diesel_brad

Dunce
Reaction score
dieselbrad, any positive comments would be nice. Said nothing about the truck, only letting him know that you know about body work and that he should have done this or that. I don't get it. Nice truck Longhorn!

If I had something nice to say, I would of. Just trying too enlighten people to the CORRECT way to do things. All to often people see other peoples work and think that is the right way to do it, when in fact it is wrong. Like by taping off the trim, door handles headlights, is the WRONG way to do it. It take s the same amount of time and you get WAY better results be removing those item. I am not saying I am perfect(I am far from it) But when I can give CORRECT info, I DO

At least I left the part out about it being a brick nose

93fordturbo

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Something i have have learned... you dont always have to be right. And there are many way to do things. If it works for someone, more power to them. Being right isn't always the most important

stevedrums

Full Access Member
Reaction score
If I had something nice to say, I would of. Just trying too enlighten people to the CORRECT way to do things. All to often people see other peoples work and think that is the right way to do it, when in fact it is wrong. Like by taping off the trim, door handles headlights, is the WRONG way to do it. It take s the same amount of time and you get WAY better results be removing those item. I am not saying I am perfect(I am far from it) But when I can give CORRECT info, I DO

how is this the WRONG way to do it? the truck was already blue, so its still blue under the trim, just not new paint.
It is the easy way to do it. this isn't a 67 mustang, its an old truck...

Diesel_brad

Dunce
Reaction score
how is this the WRONG way to do it? the truck was already blue, so its still blue under the trim, just not new paint.
It is the easy way to do it. this isn't a 67 mustang, its an old truck...

Just because it is easy, don NOT make it right
When you dont remove trim, lights etc, you cannot properly sand, and it is the 1st place for paint to peal

Darrin Tosh

IDI Hound
Reaction score

Her Brad,:backoff Give him a damn break, he is a 16 year old kid on a budget fixing up a $900.00 truck. We all know the right way to do it, and so does he, but I think he did a great job with what he had to work with. As he said, He isn't restoring a 1967 mustang for the show circuit, It is a Truck that he is going to put to work and make money with.

,..Lighten Up Francsis,...:rolleyes:

As far as being a Bricknose,...Thats nuthin but :thumbsup:

:cheers:

Diesel_brad

Dunce
Reaction score
Her Brad,:backoff Give him a damn break, he is a 16 year old kid on a budget fixing up a $900.00 truck. We all know the right way to do it, and so does he, but I think he did a great job with what he had to work with. As he said, He isn't restoring a 1967 mustang for the show circuit, It is a Truck that he is going to put to work and make money with.

,..Lighten Up Francsis,...:rolleyes:

As far as being a Bricknose,...Thats nuthin but :thumbsup:

:cheers:

Kinda like the paint job on that red truck you sold Corey

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
RangerDanger