1988 F250 7.3l/ZF5 for parts or repair.

Ilovejunk

Full Access Member
Reaction score
1988 F-250 7.3l / ZF-5 trans 113,000 miles, $1500 obo for the truck and all the parts i have for it.

truck is located in bear creek, nc 27207, i can be reached via PM or text/call at 919-930-1796

bought the truck in 2012 from the 2nd owner. i knew the original owner personally and believe the 81,000 miles at the time to be accurate, truck sat in a barn for nearly 8 years after injection pump died in 2005, and the 2nd owner no longer drove the truck enough to justify fixing it. now has 113,000 miles.

when i bought the truck injection pump was replaced by reputable local shop, the truck was upgraded with the clutch push rod end conversion to replace the factory pin and bushing setup as well as the terrapin manufacturing firewall reinforcement plate and coolant filter kit.

truck definitely has frame damage due to front end collision, and because insurance has payed a loss claim on it will carry a salvage branded title upon transfer.

Motor and trans still function as they should, i jury rigged a radiator to the front after stripping down the front end, started it up and drove it around the farm for about 10 minutes today, motor is as strong as ever, all gears in the trans work fine; no odd noises or new leaks. truck crabs to the left pretty obviously though.

cab and bed are still in good shape for the most part, i will include pictures of all damage to the truck so you can make a fair assessment of what its worth to you, and you are more than welcome to see it in person if you'd like.

i also have many IDI/Ford full size parts to sell as well, prefer to sell it all together, but will entertain offers.

the list:
---- 1988 ford F-250 HD #8800lb gvw -- 2WD -- 7.3L IDI Diesel -- ZF5 transmission -- OBS aluminum wheels in fair shape -- 3.55 Open Differential

---- Complete OBS front clip, fenders have minor rust; bought as "good Enough" replacements when i thought i was going to be able to get a frame to fix the truck

---- OBS Diesel core support, Very clean condition.

---- Complete power window doors from 95 f-250 someone was parting on c-list, good shape windows work good.

---- bucket seats from Ext cab F-150 with center console, power functions work, foam is still pretty solid, could use recovering. (bought about a month ago for planned upgrades i was gonna do in the spring)

---- chrome rear bumper, tailgate, IDI serpentine belt setup, re-manufactured injection pump, and sliding rear window from 93 f-250 (bought about a month ago for planned upgrades i was gonna do in the spring)

---- 1985 6.9 IDI and radiator from my old farm truck, ran good scrapped truck due to frame rotting in half. (came from family land in NY). was pulled complete however i pulled the re-man injectors and hard lines to use on my 88 shortly after i got it. has been in dry storage and covered, however i would consider it a core, simply because it has sat for approx. 5 years and i would recommend at least opening it up and looking everything over before i stuffed it in another truck. radiator had a slow leak, but i save copper/brass rads outta habit; cause i'd rather rebuild these rads than use the newer aluminum/plastic ones.

---- also have 2 extra sets of injectors, extra set of hard lines, a fuel filter housing, and i'm sure other parts i am forgetting, it would be best to come look in person if possible as i found parts i forgot i had stashed today when i started taking pics to post this ad.

------- also have a complete set of 1988 ford truck owners and service manuals.

i know its alot to read, but i have alot here; short of a good frame or the equipment to straighten this one i could rebuild the truck- but i do not have to time or resources right now, i thought i would have more time to sort this out, but my job load has ramped up unexpectedly and i need a new truck like yesterday, so this ones gotta get sold.

i would prefer to sell it all at once, but will piece it all out if necessary; willing to listen to any and all reasonable offers. uploading pics momentarily, if interested i can be reached Via text/phone at 919-930-1796 anytime

Last edited:

Ilovejunk

Full Access Member
Reaction score
You must be registered for see images attach

Ilovejunk

Full Access Member
Reaction score

Ilovejunk

Full Access Member
Reaction score

Ilovejunk

Full Access Member
Reaction score

Ilovejunk

Full Access Member
Reaction score
also, i have my rollback and am willing to work with forum members on transport/delivery of truck and parts within 100 miles for reasonable deal, if somebody here wants all of it, it would have to be on a weekend; but can move it for you if need be.

anyone close enough too, is more than welcome to contact me and set up a time to come look it over in person.

Last edited:

laserjock

Almost there...
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Where are you located? Can't see your sig info on my phone.

Ilovejunk

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Sorry forgot about the mobile readers,

Truck is located in bear creek, nc 27207

truck is completely rust free, has been in central NC all its life.

also both fuel tanks and the switching valve worked as new and were used daily, i kept pure diesel in the front tank and "blended fuels" in the rear tank, started and shutdown on front tank and ran WVO/WMO blends in the rear tank for most of my driving, both tanks dropped and new "showerheads" installed about 6 months ago, i have a spare OEM showerhead still floating around here somewhere that will go with the truck.

found it.

Last edited:

Ilovejunk

Full Access Member
Reaction score
not the greatest pics, but just trying to show the rust free underside, its dirty but you can still see the factory primer in the cab corners and under the bed, and most if not all of the assembly tags are still there.

also i forgot i still have the factory jack and jack handle as well, prolly not worth much but i know there usually missing from older trucks. its sitting on toolbox in the picture below, took it out while i was tearing the front end apart.

front end was taken apart with the intent of fixing the truck all the wiring is intact, anything i had to remove was disconnected properly and all the hardware has been saved for reuse, the only thing i cut was the radiator hoses as the radiator and core support was wrapped around the front of the motor and i couldn't get enough room to undo the hose clamps properly.

Last edited:

warhog

Full Access Member
Reaction score
f**k, I need that bed lol i hate being far away from everything i want

IDIoit

MachinistFabricator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
lol, yes it would be a killer.
but i was thinking about the grille and headlight assemblys.

Ilovejunk

Full Access Member
Reaction score
let me get back to you in a few days, local guy called me on my craigslist ad and came out and looked at the truck today so i may have a trade deal going with him; if he bails on me we'll work something out.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
lewisstevey7

Members online