1986 f350 crew cab project

Thewespaul

Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
The 68 is still undergoing restoration. Cab is about ready to paint. But I would like a pump built for both of them. I will let you know when I get one ready. Can you use the bigger .330" plunger marine 6.5 gm pump head in ours? I had one built for me by a local shop with a new head from stanadyne but my 6.2 is dead now and the pump is sitting on the shelf. I know they turn the opposite direction.
Glad you still have that truck, you’re doing everything I want to do to mine. On the pump I sure can do that, I’m actually working on a pump with two .39” plungers, how much fuel do you want? I already make 150cc on two .31s

68f2506.9

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I would like 150 or maybe more. I want to be able to pull with it and I want it to be fast. I plan to build another motor to drop in or build this one eventually, maybe after the 68 is "done". Probably as much fuel as possible and if I don't want it I won't put my foot in it as much.

Thewespaul

Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Id build an IDIT bottom end then, 400 hp (reachable with 145cc) pretty much starts bending and chucking the little na rods. Ive put the IDIT rods through a lot of abuse, and never bent one. Made enough cylinder pressure to break the iron ring lands out of the pistons though. Seeing what Ive been able to max the stock plungers at, I think .39s (21% increase in diameter) should make around 180-190cc.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Lance