1986 f350 crew cab project

68f2506.9

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Just picked this up at auction, won it for $1,000 and with buyer's premium and tax and title it came to $1262. 6.9, has been replaced with a really early, possibly international truck version? Manufactured 1-4-82. It starts first bump of the key, runs great. C6 auto, 4x4 dana 60, has death wobble about 35 mph, working on that. Got brakes, cruse, and transmission to shift by replacing the vaccum pump with the one from my bumpside. Want to clean it up and make a hauler/ weekend getaway rig that is at home towing or running freeway at 70. It has 4.10 gears, so if anyone has a overdrive unit hit me up. I am thinking intercooled turbo, want to be able to pull and drive with traffic if possible. It also had a restrictor in the air cleaner base so I hacked that out. Going to just give it a little more fuel and get a pyro on it, but it doesn't smoke at all now.
You must be registered for see images attach

asmith

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Is that poop or paint on the hood. Looks like it is in good shape!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

68f2506.9

Full Access Member
Reaction score
It is paint. It ain't really that great.
needs a bed.

sjwelds

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Still, for only a grand, I'd have done it too. Shoot, even for parts, the Dana 60 alone would almost be worth that much.

68f2506.9

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Yeah that is what i figured. I wanted a crew cab anyway. I am trying to fix the wobble. Think track bar bushings, mine are gone.

68f2506.9

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Yeah, I jumped on it. Needs work but it will be worth it.

68f2506.9

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Track bar bushings are fine.
got some napa replacements, they are hard material and fit snug so hope they work out.

68f2506.9

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Been driving it, really want OD for the 4:10 gears, I hate to run it so fast. I put 33's on for a little higher gear, just go a few miles slower by the speedo and I'm actually doin the limit. Cleaning it up some.

68f2506.9

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I broke the factory seal on the pump, gave it a little fuel. It would not smoke at all before, now just a little puff when I hit it. It gets up to speed way faster, was in the 30 + second range for 0-60, now close to 19. When I hit it it will break both rear tires loose.

68f2506.9

Full Access Member
Reaction score
So I didn't update this thread like I should have. I swapped a zf5 into it and a factory turbo setup. I put a dually rear end in it and then swapped it back. I sold it about 6 months ago, but am in the process of buying it back now. It was a good rig but if I get it back I am having an injection pump built and install an intercooler and head studs.

Thewespaul

Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Still got the 68 though right? Let me know if you need a pump built, I’d be happy to put together a hot setup for you, cut that 19 sec 0-60 in half!

68f2506.9

Full Access Member
Reaction score
The 68 is still undergoing restoration. Cab is about ready to paint. But I would like a pump built for both of them. I will let you know when I get one ready. Can you use the bigger .330" plunger marine 6.5 gm pump head in ours? I had one built for me by a local shop with a new head from stanadyne but my 6.2 is dead now and the pump is sitting on the shelf. I know they turn the opposite direction.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
freqencyheight

Members online