1985 F350 4WD Dually Shock Help

Pino2234

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I have a 1985 F350 Dually that I am putting a Dana 60 Kingpin on so I'm converting it to 4WD. I am putting new shocks all the way around.

I put a 3in block in the back b/c thats all I had at the time. I know the stock 4wd rear is a 4" block.

I am keeping everything stock height and I wanted to use the Monroe Sensa-Trac Load Adjusting Shock b/c they add to the ride load but they do not offer one.

Does anyone recommended a good quality duallie shock possible ;Sweet Lifetime Warranty Shock??

RLDSL

Diesel fuel abuser
Reaction score
Get the bilsteins, You won't be sorry. They ride decent when empty ( annd i have no disks left in my back, I HAVE to have a good ride, it's not an option I couldn't tolerate the gabrials that were on the thing any longer) and when loaded down heave and towing heavy, they give maximum control in the curves. You get what you pay for ;Sweet
At one point I thought one rear was going bad and they had me send both in to the factory and they tested them, found teh bum one and replaced it andcleaned up the other one so nicely that I couldn't tell the new one from the old one. Now THAT is service.
I've driven 30 year old Mercedes with original equipment Bilsteins still on them that still rode great and handled fantastic.

Pino2234

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Thanks I just ordered a set for mine this morning. I talked to Shane at Bilsteins who is the "truck" guy for them. He set me up with a pair of super duty shocks from a 2000.

I dont know why but they do not have the right application for our older F350 trucks.

Monroe and Bilsteins say that F250 and F350 shocks are the same. I have both stock trucks and measured the ride height on both and they are different front and back.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
JU57US