1984 DT466 Pyrometer installation

Jeff

Reaction score
Does anyone have experience installing a pyrometer on a 1984 DT466? If so, I need specific info on where to install the (ISSPRO R658SHT-8F) probe. The way it looks to me, the two plugs in the exhaust manifold where the left and right halves join (and above the turbocharger) would be ideal if they could be budged, but that would seemingly require two separate probes and gauges...
I would appreciate help from anyone who's done this install on this vintage DT466. Thanks.

Jeff

Reaction score
Thanks for the reply, Haulinhazmat!
It seemed like the logical place, preboost and 1-2" from the head when installed. The separation of the front and rear halves of the manifold, evidenced by the twin plugs, was what bothered me. But I guess the exhaust temperature of one half must be reasonably close to the other half for the purposes of monitoring for potential damage...
Once again, thanks for the reply, as I was begining to worry that where I put this question was the wrong place if I expected a comeback.

french277

Reaction score
My IHC truck I do have pyrometer on it and it mounted after the turbo 2 inches away and for the max temp you can go 1150°F post turbo.

For preturbo pyrometers expect about 200 -300 ° F higher reading than mine is.

If you have boost gauge with stock engine expect to get about 22 PSIG WOT full load

Merci,Marc

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Tyler9828

Members online