1984 7.3 powerstroke build

goldsjos18

Full Access Member
Reaction score
ok so tonight i was working on the 84 ford and well lets just say the 7.3 psd fired right up with out a problem..... it didnt even crank over twice before she fired..... im very impressed with the motor.... now to work on front brakes and steering.....video tomarow of it running

austin92

Full Access Member
Reaction score
This will be awesome when done. I'd love to do this

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

goldsjos18

Full Access Member
Reaction score
xc_hide_links_from_guests_guests_error_hide_media
video of the engine runing sorry for the camera being upside down... wasnt holding it properly

goldsjos18

Full Access Member
Reaction score
So my next question is....the engine seamed to idle kinda hi.... anyway to fix that?

oregon96psd

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Let it warm up more, they idle a little higher and advance the timing when they are cold, and then come back down to 550 rpm when its warm. There is no adjustment, computer controlled.

goldsjos18

Full Access Member
Reaction score
ok so im planing on redoing all of my brake lines this weekend.... no my question is should i plumb into the RABS sensor or bypass it completely??? also im not 100 percent sure what kind of fitting are used through out the truck. i dont usually do brake work i try to hand it off to another shop.. but it being 20 miles away to the nearest shop and in the middle of town and i dont have brakes sounds like a bad idea to drive it to the shop to me....

goldsjos18

Full Access Member
Reaction score
another question i installed a luk smf and clutch earlier in the build what kind of power can that clutch handle???? 3-400 horse????

goldsjos18

Full Access Member
Reaction score
ok another question from a young guy to you older more experienced fellows..... are their any benefits to an oil catch can besides keeping the oily residue out of the turbo??????

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
IDIBronco86

Members online