1200 hp idi rods

idibeast

Reaction score
I was just wondering if there was any truth to the 1200 hp hypermax truck running stock rods, if there is, what makes it possible? Stock forged psd rods are good for like 550, our idi rods cant be that much stronger can they?

icanfixall

Official GMM hand model
Reaction score
Where did you learn of this??? The forged psd rods are the same demensionally as our turbo idi rods except the bottom end width is around 132 thousands wider. But the pin, crank bearing and length ar the same. They are just too wide at the bottom. I have a set of the psd forged rods. There is also another psd rod thats made... Its called pm rods. Thats a powdered metal rod. They will not handle the stress the forged rods will. Reasons for them being pm is they are almost completely finished right out of the molds. Very little machining to do on them compared to the forged rods.

sassyrel

Reaction score
Where did you learn of this??? The forged psd rods are the same demensionally as our turbo idi rods except the bottom end width is around 132 thousands wider. But the pin, crank bearing and length ar the same. They are just too wide at the bottom. I have a set of the psd forged rods. There is also another psd rod thats made... Its called pm rods. Thats a powdered metal rod. They will not handle the stress the forged rods will. Reasons for them being pm is they are almost completely finished right out of the molds. Very little machining to do on them compared to the forged rods.
they also,,are a "cracked" rod....

Black dawg

Reaction score
I thought that is was posted that this engine was much less than 1200hp.

Any rod will hold up to bench racing.

88 Ford

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Regardless if it was 1200 or even 900hp it still made some serious power especially for an idi. It was definitely a cool engine. I do royal someone who built the engine would talk about it a lil. It would be cool to know the inside info... Or at least something about it. Lol.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Cv axle