10.25 cove3r bolt torque spec

RLDSL

Diesel fuel abuser
Reaction score
Title says it all, does anyone happen to have the bolt torque spec for the cover bolts for a 10.25 rear? I can't for the life of me figure out where my little *helpers* have managed to run off with my manuals and it's about to drive me crazy.
THanks------Robert

icanfixall

Official GMM hand model
Reaction score
Robert... I think thsta nothing special but find out what size the bolts are and use the generic torque specs for that size bolt. With some hylomar or rtv gasket I dought it will ever leak or come loose.

RLDSL

Diesel fuel abuser
Reaction score
Robert... I think thsta nothing special but find out what size the bolts are and use the generic torque specs for that size bolt. With some hylomar or rtv gasket I dought it will ever leak or come loose.

I seem to recall a listed torque spec on those bolts, but after that messy job draining the diff fluid and cleaning up the gasket goo, I think i'm going to bite the bullet and buy one of those fancy oversize diff covers with a drain plug in it like the Mag Hytec. Even running synthetic with the kind of towing I do I should be changing out the diff fluid around every 50k that would sure make it a lot more pleasant

icanfixall

Official GMM hand model
Reaction score
I completely agree with a cover that has a drian plug in it Robert. Why these differantials and most E4OD trans pans never had a drain plug in them is just plain stupid in my oppinion. Getting more fluid in there will really help plus the aluminum cover will get rid of the heat quicker.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
m2rtin