1-4 lbs of boost on banks turbo

pelky350

Full Access Member
Reaction score
No studs yet I've ran close to 20 psi with my old non gated turbo occaisonally and ran it for 3 years, now with new factory turbo w/ upgrades I can see 10-15 psi daily driving. 70k turbo'd and no blown gaskets yet

pickupman

Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I just installed a used banks sidewinder turbo on my 89 f350 7.3. Im only getting1-4 lbs of boost. I installed the same setup on my 86 with a 6.9 and its night and day. Probably getting 13 lbs of boost on the 6.9. I have no muffler just a straight pipe to the front of the rear wheel. Is that too much restriction. Should i make it shorter. Does the fuel need to be turned up. Its the same system, whats wrong

With my Banks turbo, I don't usually see more than 5psi of boost unless I'm going up a hill or under heavy acceleration. Going 65-70 on the freeway it remains at about 3psi. In their manual, Banks says that this is normal. I have the older non-wastegated turbo

Chrismohan

Reaction score
With my Banks turbo, I don't usually see more than 5psi of boost unless I'm going up a hill or under heavy acceleration. Going 65-70 on the freeway it remains at about 3psi. In their manual, Banks says that this is normal. I have the older non-wastegated turbo
My other truck with the same system screams. Sounds like a f-16 its so loud

pelky350

Full Access Member
Reaction score
What sounds strange unnoticed working on my old turbo is if I had pre turbo exhaust leaks my turbo was actually louder

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Tyler9828

Members online