08 axle in 1993 f350

Daniel McCurdy

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I am not sure on the offset difference between the two. How bad is the old yoke damaged, would you be able to take a valid end to end measurement to compare to the new for offset?
Yea, it seems the new axle with the flange sticks out about 1in more than the original so I guess that's how much I cut the driveshaft

Daniel McCurdy

Full Access Member
Reaction score
It seems iv got the brake lines and driveshaft figured out. I just need to figure out what to do with the brake master. Should I just use my current 1 1/8 bore master that's in great shape and just remove the proportioning valve or should I step up to the F-suped duty master with the 1 5/16 bore.

Daniel McCurdy

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I managed to find a new f450 master for only 50$ made in Taiwan of course. It has 3 ports on it and my current master only has 2 so could I just put a plug in the 3rd port or would that cause some kind of damage.

Daniel McCurdy

Full Access Member
Reaction score
What'll happen if I just use my factory master and prop valve. Will the brakes drag real bad. Does it just create a soft pedal. I constantly have between 800-1000lbs in the bed of my truck so if it's gives me more rear brakes it should have the traction to use that.

chillman88

Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I'll be fine, just won't push as much fluid to the rear brakes, thus not giving you optimal stopping power. The F-Super master cylinder might not bolt directly up to your vacuum booster as I believe the hydrobooster uses a slightly wider bolt spacing. Time for a hydroboost swap!