.020 Over 6.9 Pistons needed

84TD

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I just found out today my pistons are backordered until september. Anyone know where to get a set in stock?

84TD

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Anybody know where I can check? I would consider bigger than .020 over too. I looked at summit and jegs but I dont really know anywhere else.

justinray

Contributor
Reaction score
I think that if it says really big THIS IS FOR A DESTROKED ENGINE, then it's probably for a destroked engine and I would move on.

Dave Barbieri

Full Access Member
Reaction score
"Destroked" means the top of the piston is .010" closer to the wrist pin. The piston doesn't sit as high. If you install them, you'll lower your CR slightly. These pistons are a big help if you're having your block decked. I'm having that done as part of my rebuild, so I purchased Mahle destroked pistons to go back in. The .010" extra space will more than cover what was removed in the decking procedure.

hesutton

The Anti-Anderson
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Dave beat me to it. Those pistons are designed to use in blocks that have had machine work on the head deck.......... like mine.LOL The wrist pin is 0.010 higher in the piston, that decreases the compression height 0.010 as well. On a stock block the compression ratio will drop to 19.7:1. Some guys use them with stock blocks to lower compession when planning to run more boost.

Heath

icanfixall

Official GMM hand model
Reaction score
Buy them. They just machined the pin higher up in the piston to lower the piston 10 thous in the block. Good find too because first off you found a set of 20 over plus... They are a better lower comp piston...

84TD

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Cool thanks guys, got a set on the way, talked to the seller, already shipped. Hopefully by this time next week ill be starting the lengthy process of plastiguaging the bottom end and then reassembly.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Tyler9828

Staff online