02 7.3 diesel torque converter Question

stalyon

Reaction score
I changed the transmition fluid and filter on my truck and was wondering why mine doesnt have a bolt on the converter to change the fluid there.What to do.Just change it more often or have someone else do it.:mad:

94f450sd

Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
you should have a drain plug in the converter.its either gonna be next to one of the converter studs or on the very bottom of the converter.turn it over by hand and watch for the plug

stalyon

Reaction score
I checked it by turning it and turning it.The hanes manual shows it on the outer part of the converter.But I checked everywere.Is it possible it doesnt have one or am I missing something.
:dunno

94f450sd

Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
it is possible that it dont have it.but most fords ive ever wrenched on had 1 :dunno

NJKen

is a daddy!
Reaction score
Unfortunatly they did away with that most wonderful drain pug:backoff I think the change came through when they renamed the E4OD to the 4R100 although a few people with early 99's say they have the drain. Most unfortunate thing....
Ken

JLDickmon

Bo Duke
Reaction score
no, you can, but you need to flush the system.. which, without a machine, entails exactly one buttload of fluid, a couple buddies and some fancy footwork..

and somewhere to dispose of the spent fluid properly..

you pop the cooler return line off, clip a pair of visegrips onto the rubber hose to keep it pointed into the drain pan, have about 16-18 quarts of fluid uncapped & ready to go, get a buddy to fire it up and pay attention, and another buddy to pass you quarts of fluid as it bleeds into the pan

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
bob123456789

Members online