Dually driver 6.9
Reaction score
This thread needs some

You must be registered for see images attach

Just a little nibble, not so much you become paranoid ;Sweet

argve

Resident Fruitcake
Reaction score
You dont drive anymore? that bypass will fit your lawn mower and last 50,000 miles.
Javier

Nah I was out of work for 11 months and the kiddies were complaining that they wanted to eat - damn kids... you wouldn't believe it you have to keep feeding them.... who would have thunk it....

I was pretty much selling anything that wasn't nailed down and if it was nailed down I was prying it up....

Now that I'm back to working I wished I hadn't sold it but ya gotta do what ya gotta do...

idiabuse

Full Access Member
Reaction score
WOW I was just looking for some friendly insite and a war broke out everyone is able to have there own idea whats the best oil to run no need to be mad or agro about please just state your thought and no need to sling dirty oil at each outher. javier are you with OIL-ANALYZERS? and do you have stats to back up what is the best oil to use that is what my ouestion was. so far until today everyone has been helpful and nice wanting to be helpful with others If someone dosnt want to take advice ohh well. thanks to everyone "CANT WE ALL JUST GET ALONG"
ps my oil still need changing hey i guess we agree PS oil filter right
the small picture of your truck makes me really want to see more of it, it looks really good, I like it.
I Use OilAnalyzers simply cause I like their organazation and willingness to help, and most of all the NO BS comments like other places give on lubes and vehicles. I really dont need any fuzzy comments placed on my oil report.
I have a large file of OIL reports on many of my own vehicles and many others.
I dont think this thread has gotten too out of hand so far, but usually oil threads do sling dirty oil around LOL
Javier

NapaBavarian

Dually driver 6.9
Reaction score
Probably chasing you trying to get more....

They were his cookies, and he never touched them again! If you sprinkled 1/2 tea spoon on your cereal in the morning you'd be happy as chit all day and in no mood to argue with anyone ;Sweet

argve

Resident Fruitcake
Reaction score
ah so he was trying to keep them away from you....

Now we have the rest of the story as Paul Harvey says....

Silver Burner

Burnin' Oil&Rubber
Reaction score
Well you said it yourself, it's way over your head. and it still is, Sir.
your buddy mix master delo boi, ask him why is the new stuff is better than the best old stuff he was mixing 10/20/30 years ago? why does he have to keep upgrading? why cant he just get the best and mix that? HMMMM
If the old Delo was so good 5 years ago how come they dont continue selling it?
If you purchased the Redline for your truck and used it like it is recommended, lets just say 15,000 miles, I think that is way cheaper than what you are doing now! AND much better for your eng than the DELO400 can deliver.
I can prove this with used oil analysis, but that cost money and it is better to just ignore any facts and call MR Mix Master and get his opinion instead of getting your own facts from your own reasearch and experimentation!

Javier

Apparently you don't know everything about oil that you should, sir, because people have been doling out facts (such as the filter efficiency of PSD filters) that you have been sloughing off or not responding to. And, like one member said, they changed the mix of DELO400 because of the EPA. So I guess that means this oil business is way over your head too. I certainly don't appreciate the flippant attitude towards me. It's uncalled for.
As far as the facts go, I think my friend Mr. Mix Master, as you so eloquently put it, knows more about oil than both you AND I, so why don't you jump down off that high horse and give the man a little respect. I believe he's earned it. For that matter, try giving everyone a little more respect. You may not be calling anyone on here names (and no one else should be either), but we can all read the tone in your words, Javier. Man up and show a little more decency to the good people here. Take 'er easy.

Dorian

idiabuse

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I don't worry about that, I can get 2.5 gallons of the right oil at Walmart for $25 ;Sweet and if I'm lucky they have Motorcraft filters too :sly
A Mobil1 oil filter will last 4x as long as the Motorcraft and filter down to 10 micron, the Motorcraft will only catch20/40 micron particles.
And that $25 oil in your diesel engine becomes contaminated with soot and requiers a change every few thousands miles as it is loaded with soot due to your poor choice in filtration, learning anything yet or is the brownie got you not wanting to argue?
Javier

Status
Not open for further replies.