Unusual coolant in oil/oil in coolant issue

Jesus Freak

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I can think of one possible scenario where it could happen. If the hole was below the lowest point of ring travel in the cylinder, then maybe. Although I can't see where this would cause oil to get into the cooling system. I'm afraid that this is starting to sound like a case where you should tear the engine completely apart and have the heads and block magnafluxed. I hate to say that, but that's where I'm at. Hopefully some genius can come up with another solution.
Yeah, It's to that point.

Heavy foot

Reaction score
Damn sounds like I ended up with a lemon, a rebuild is more or less out of the question at the moment, I don’t have any local shops I would be able to have the block and heads checked out at and the cost would probably be more than I want to pay for this motor, I suppose I’ll start looking for another motor. Thanks for the advice

IDIBRONCO

IDIBRONCO
Reaction score
Well don't get rid of that engine. If it still has all of the Turbo internals, those are worth something. You can put them in another block in the future. That is if you're into bigger power numbers.

Heavy foot

Reaction score
Oh I’m definitely holding on to it, I’ll probably find a n/a down the road and build up a spare with the turbo parts

ttman4

Last Nite's Dream..
Reaction score
Hi in the Cascades, Nearly- Redmond,Oregon
Could cavitation be so low in a cylinder that it wouldn't hydro lock?
I'm assuming our 6.9-7.3s can cavitate low enough below ring travel that it won't hydro-lock.
My 'ol Ford 4500 TLB 3 cyl Perkins cavitated once below ring travel, ran great too!!!
Found it by shutting down, cking radiator, filling up, cranking up & running for a bit. Then noticed water running out dipstick.

However, here we talking about our 7.3 s

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
IDIBronco86

Members online