TRAGEDY STRIKES. = NEED ANOTHER ANTIQUE F250 SUPER-CAB TRUCK

satx78247

Full Access Member
Reaction score
towcat,

As a "person who is NOT a mechanic", that "laundry list" to install a ZF sounds like a MAJOR PITA. - Besides that, you have to FIND/buy all those parts. = NOT an easy task here in South Texas.

yours, satx

Thewespaul

Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Retired lawyer, just shoot the doodyhead.

That's about what I wanted to do when I got my $1200 repair estimate plus three day rental bill sitting in my email. Going to have to take it though insurance as much as I hate it.

Thewespaul

Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
towcat,

As a "person who is NOT a mechanic", that "laundry list" to install a ZF sounds like a MAJOR PITA. - Besides that, you have to FIND/buy all those parts. = NOT an easy task here in South Texas.

yours, satx

I can atest to this, you cant hardly find a zf core for less than a grand unless you are willing to wait a year while stalking cragslist

satx78247

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Thewespaul,

Pick N Pull out on the Poteet Hwy has a complete 1991 F250, that was T-boned on the passenger side, with the PS/ZF intact/functional for 1500.oo. - That's the only one that I know of "for sale" around here right now. = 2200.oo for the whole truck but it's otherwise a MESS & a half.
(Hit broadside at over 60MPH.- Passenger DOA, too.)

yours, satx

Last edited:

satx78247

Full Access Member
Reaction score
To All,

Wouldn't you know, since I'm looking for an IDI low mileage, one owner 2WD Super-cab F250 with 5-speed to replace my NICE 1986, that I missed a one-owner 60,000 mile 1990 original (that's been garaged since new) for 5,000.oo & by about 15 minutes.

I said (under my breath): Well, !^%$#@!
(If it wasn't for bad luck in AUG16, I'd have NO luck at all.)

yours, satx

Knuckledragger

blowing chunks and grabbing porcelain
Reaction score
In my best Rain Man voice, "plenty of f250, lots of f250s..." Patience will reward you. Since you have a very well defined search, you can spend much less time with things that do not fit the parameters.

firehawk

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I had NO other lawful choice in Bexar County. = The CITY impounded both of my vehicles "in the interest of public safety" as they were "damaged heavily" & IN "the city right of way" & such that the PU & coupe were "obstructing traffic on a public traffic-way". - Further, the city charges 120.oo per day storage PLUS a minimum tow fee of 240.oo for up to 10 miles on EACH vehicle.
(The insurance company got "stuck" for the towing/city impound fees. = 480.oo for less than 48 hours.)

Wrong. You had a choice. You can have it towed anywhere you want. They are yours and you can get them at any time. You can either fight for what is yours or get used, its your choice.

satx78247

Full Access Member
Reaction score
firehawk,

NO OFFENSE but you weren't there at the time & when a SGT of the local police tells you that you MUST allow the vehicles to be towed to the city police's impound lot because they were causing traffic to be obstructed on city property & that the vehicles are evidence in a potential criminal case, you are STUCK.
He didn't offer me a choice; he stated that both vehicles were being impounded.

When/IF you become a Bexar County resident, I'll patiently listen to your opinion on the local regulations, policies & city ordinances..

yours, satx

firehawk

Full Access Member
Reaction score
firehawk,

NO OFFENSE but you weren't there at the time & when a SGT of the local police tells you that you MUST allow the vehicles to be towed to the city police's impound lot because they were causing traffic to be obstructed on city property & that the vehicles are evidence in a potential criminal case, you are STUCK.
He didn't offer me a choice; he stated that both vehicles were being impounded.

Police are often wrong, and will yield when pressed. I HAVE been in a very similar situation with a car being wrecked. They said the SAME thing, but I stood my ground, and told him to get his supervisor here. Supervisor told him I could have it towed somewhere else. I also talked to the tow truck driver, and he said he will tow it where ever I wanted. After all was done, I had my car towed HOME and NOT to an impound. I also kept my car and got the value for it that I wanted although I did hire an attorney. Hopefully others will learn from your mistakes.

satx78247

Full Access Member
Reaction score
firehawk,

You are welcome to hold ANY opinion, even opinions which are contrary to facts/local ordinances/established procedures. = That's called FREEDOM OF EXPRESSION.
(I did what I was told was REQUIRED by law in San Antonio.)

Fwiw: Things often LOOK quite different at Midnight than they do days later. - By the way are you a licensed attorney??

yours, satx

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
720Diesel

Members online