Reaction score
It's a big beast,

1. 7.22
2. 3.88
3. 2.21
4. 1.26
5. 1.0
R. 7.22

Unfortunately it is not an overdrive but I got a decent deal with the package. It should work decently with my 3.55 gears and I welcome the deeper first and reverse gear compared to the 4.1 in the zf5.

Sent from my SPH-L720 using Tapatalk

Leaves room for some 33-37" tires. Basically get close to OD ratios that way. And with a 1.26 4th you can drop to that if need be towing.

Looks like the box truck had old 9x20 tires? And they're 40" or so?? Any idea on its rear gear ratio? (or the 2 of 'em, as I'm guessing it was a 5+2 truck)

subway

be nice to the admin :D
Reaction score
I have no idea on the box truck. I just figured without the overdrive and 3.55 gear it would be like having 4.10 gears now with a lower first lol. I will probably just run taller tires in the long run since transmissions are most efficient at the 1 to 1 ratio anyway.

Like mentioned a taller tire should give me close to OD ratios. I just hope it shifts decently in my truck.

subway

Reaction score
You must be registered for see images attach

Well it might be a while for any updates. Old man winter finally caught up to me.

We still have about another foot of snow to go yet!

laserjock

Almost there...
Supporting Member
Reaction score
When I got the notification you posted, I thought, there's no way he's working on the truck.

subway

Reaction score
No lol, its only getting worse and still coming down. I have the other Ford out to dig me out though.

laserjock

Almost there...
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Yep. Took the 8' blade that came on big red and made one for dads tractor. Mahindra with all 4 wheels chained up. It's a beast.

Dieselcrawler

Professional wrench holder
Staff member
Reaction score
Not sure about out there but it's melting quick here. We ended up with 30 inches in my town. My front yard is down to 14 or so just after 2 days.

subway

Reaction score
Yea it is dropping fairly quickly here to. It's to early for it but it almost feels like spring. Maybe I will get a chance to dig in soon!

laserjock

Almost there...
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Until tonight when it freezes hard and you get a 14" chunk of ice. Saw that last time we got one of these. The yard looked like a frozen lake. I could almost walk on it and I'm not a small guy.... well not light anyway.

subway

Reaction score
Haha I remember something like that. My old tractor broke down in the snow and it was frozen solid in for months one year. Looking at my for cast it looks like the melt will continue. I started digging around the truck to help. Unfortunately I got an extra side project.

Freaked the wifey out when she smelled electrical burning. Time for a new water heater!

6.9poweredscout

Bleeds IH red...
Reaction score
What tire size you going with? With the direct 5th she's gonna be buzzing! My tach isn't hooked up but 70 od and smooth. 4th at 65 she's howling.

subway

Reaction score
I have 265 75 16 on it now but might be looking for a taller tire soon depending on how it runs. Jump up to some nice 37's or something.

On the flip side I have to watch anything I do to lift it. My poor 5th wheel already has an axle flip to raise it and still drops a little low in the rear. Anyway I lift the truck I will have to do to the trailer to.

subway

Reaction score
well I did some figuring, it looks like I am going to want some nice 37's to keep the highway RPM down. I did some comparisons to having my ZF-5 having 3.55 and 4.10 gears.

looks like a good excuse to get some nice big tires LOL