Subways DT360 into my 94 F350

subway

be nice to the admin :D
Reaction score
I really like the idea of the removable center-section engine cross member. ;Sweet
Thanks, I think it is going to work out well for me. It's a big job though, this is pushing some of my fabrication skills to another level. Lol

Sent from my SPH-L720 using Tapatalk

subway

Reaction score
Took advantage of some of our warmer weather and did some painting. Got all the engine and transmission brackets done to. It took a good bit of elbow grease to get through some of the built up grime but the area I got to looks good.
You must be registered for see images attach

subway

Reaction score
Thanks, I hope so. It is eastwood rust encapsulator for frames. It seemed to go on real well, time will tell.

subway

Reaction score
Well I finished out the cross member. The pan hard bar fits up in nicely and it clears the pan.

Hopefully this is the last time I have to put this engine in.

After finishing up some holes and trimming a little for final fit I brought the cross member in for painting. Just taking down the Christmas tree gave me some nice floor space in the living room since the temps took a big swing down the weekend LOL

After I get that in I can finish fixing up my core support and close the engine in so my engine bay is not exposed or covered with just a tarp any more!

F350camper

BOOST!
Reaction score
That center section came out really nice. You're going to be so happy if you ever need to drop the pan.

subway

Reaction score
Thanks F350 camper, I think I will be. It's a bit of work finagling it in then bolting it all tight but now I have that option.

I actually had to give the frame a little extra persuasion with the engine sitting in. The weight of the engine pushed the open frame apart a bit even with the bumper on.

Not much of a picture after dark but you can see the track bar and how it lines up into the cross member and how it all ties together now. Just had a couple hrs to work tonight, hopefully I can get more done while I am off tomorrow.

subway

Reaction score
Some more pictures of how the track bar looks.

The cross member gets a bit closer to the pan than I would like at one point and I may come back in and clearance it some. I think it is a combination of 2 things. The engine seems to have sat itself back in slightly off to the drivers side this time and tightening up the motor mounts pulled the engine a little deeper into the cradle. Everything else looked good.

subway

Reaction score
Next I thought the starter would be a drop in and go.....nope.

This thing is huge and heavy compared to even the idi starter. I actually had to trim a about 1/4 to 3/8 off the cross member ribbing to get enough clearance for it to drop in.

I thought it would be good from there, still nope. Lol

The motor mount interfered with the top of the starter. I had turned the motor mount mount around for cab clearance reasons but should have test fit the starter earlier. I pulled the mount back apart and made some more clearance with the plasma and grinder.

Bolted in tight now.

Last edited:

subway

Reaction score
Spent a couple hours wire wheeling and scrubbing the grease off the transmission to put it in for what I hope is the last time.

Before I put the transmission back in though I decided to do some work outside the truck to mount my slave cylinder. To do this I was looking at these three bosses sticking out of the bellhousing.

I drilled and tapped them to mount up some slave cylinder plates.

On a side note it is kinda cool working on a medium duty transmission. It is set up to be pretty flexible. I can put the shaft that activates the throw out bearing either above or below the input shaft. I could also switch the shaft from the left to righr if I wanted since it runs all the way from side to side. This gives me the ability to put the slave cylinder on the passenger side if I wanted to. It also has a nice big inspection hole where I can clearly see the clutch assembly and even reach my hands up in to feel around and inspect parts.

Last edited:

subway

Reaction score
bolted the transmission in tight. It looks like I have plenty of room to make a slave cylinder mount.

I have the initial plates cut out for the slave cylinder but didn't get any farther that night. More to follow

subway

Reaction score
Thanks, can't wait to see it run and drive it to! I sure hope it is worth it since this has turned into a one way ticket LOL

subway

Reaction score
It's a big beast,

1. 7.22
2. 3.88
3. 2.21
4. 1.26
5. 1.0
R. 7.22

Unfortunately it is not an overdrive but I got a decent deal with the package. It should work decently with my 3.55 gears and I welcome the deeper first and reverse gear compared to the 4.1 in the zf5.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
REM70

Members online