motor "set" in....

6.9poweredscout

Bleeds IH red...
Reaction score
I have to say, that is going to be one beautiful rig when it's barreling down the road leaving two big, black streaks along the sky!

Also, that is an interesting idea on the oil fill cap...

thanks i have the exact same mental imaage on loop playing in my head over and over.... -Drool

yea i didn't want to drill any holes or anything so i figured there's no reason this wouldnt work great for a RDT.

-Jon

RLDSL

Diesel fuel abuser
Reaction score
How big is the breather tube on that neat little setup? It may be an illusion of the camera, but it looks a bit on the small side. Last thing you want is crankcase pressure building up and forcing oil out those nice new seals and all over that pretty paint job.

6.9poweredscout

Bleeds IH red...
Reaction score
the breather was at the local A&A auto for like $7, then i bought a 1" grommet and used a 5/8" elbow. there was other ones listed with a hose fitting on the side but the part #'s woundn't cross with a twist on setup.... :dunno

-Jon ;Sweet

tractorman86

Reaction score
WOW jon that is an amaising looking engine there is a lot of attention to detail there. so is that cap for a 1" or 5/8" if it is the latter it is a little small bu it might be ok, maybe do an exhaust drawn RDT

6.9poweredscout

Bleeds IH red...
Reaction score
WOW jon that is an amaising looking engine there is a lot of attention to detail there. so is that cap for a 1" or 5/8" if it is the latter it is a little small bu it might be ok, maybe do an exhaust drawn RDT

thanks, when it comes to my orange baby i get a bit OCD....cookoo:backoff ;Sweet:hail it's a 5/8 PCV elbow, the actual BREATHER CAP has a 1" hole opening.
seesh how much pressure will this thing have i thought that'd be plenty....:confused:

-Jon

RLDSL

Diesel fuel abuser
Reaction score
thanks, when it comes to my orange baby i get a bit OCD....cookoo:backoff ;Sweet:hail it's a 5/8 PCV elbow, the actual BREATHER CAP has a 1" hole opening.
seesh how much pressure will this thing have i thought that'd be plenty....:confused:

-Jon

It's only as big as it's smallest point and that needs to be as big as the factory setup or you will be begging for trouble. 5/8" isn't going to do it. With that setup there, that purdy paint job won't stay that way for long because the excess pressure is going to be pushing out oil from the valve covers and everywhere else it can find . You may just have to do a little customizing.

6.9poweredscout

Bleeds IH red...
Reaction score
got some fuel lines run and the manifolds painted, they're POR manifold grey, it dulled when it dried and it looks like actual metal! ;Sweet waiting on some braided steel likes for the engine bay and a 35 micron pre filter for before the 2 micron racor, oh and the hose i ordered from tractorman. ;Sweet

and sorry for the blurry pics, i couldn't keep my hands still.... ;p

-Jon :sly

Attachments

• elec. pump.jpg
    elec. pump.jpg
    421.8 KB · Views: 11
  • bend.jpg
    bend.jpg
    453.8 KB · Views: 6
  • tank lines.jpg
    tank lines.jpg
    306.3 KB · Views: 7
  • lines frame.jpg
    lines frame.jpg
    303.8 KB · Views: 5
  • manifolds.jpg
    manifolds.jpg
    431.7 KB · Views: 8
  • front manifold.jpg
    front manifold.jpg
    465.1 KB · Views: 10
  • painted manifold.jpg
    painted manifold.jpg
    29.1 KB · Views: 8

tractorman86

Reaction score
so jon is that por going to trap any heat in or is it just going to prevent rust? those hard lines look awsome too!

6.9poweredscout

Bleeds IH red...
Reaction score
uhmmm... i don't know if it will. :dunno i'll have to read the can. LOL thanks, i was going a lil OCD on them, i was going nuts tring to get them PERFECT, but they look good enough! ;Sweet

-Jon

subway

be nice to the admin :D
Reaction score
looks great;Sweet

might want to cover the fuel pump than, i didn't and it looks like crap after one winter.

Doakster

Reaction score
You're using a Dana 44 in the front right?

I actually had a Scout 80 pickup given to me that I might to a project like this some day. It has the little 4 banger in it, and I'm not sure what is has for a front axle. I would think that if I added a 6.9/7.3 to the truck with a 4 banger it wouldn't like the weight.