d60 dually questions

yotee

Full Access Member
Reaction score
a buddy just picked up a dually dana 60 front. he has a single wheel truck. the axle supposedly came out of a 94. he has a ttb 50 front on his truck.

i remember reading on hear that they just put wheel adapters on the 60 fronts to make them drw axles. is this true, and does thin include the 94 fronts?

if not, i remember reading the 50 ttb hubs worked on the 60. is this true? if so is it a direct swap?

let me know before i dig into this for him and have to find out for myself.
what parts interchange if i need to at all? can i just remove the wheel adapter piece an install wheel studs there?

yotee

Full Access Member
Reaction score
do you happen to know when for started using an actual dually hub assy.?

Goofyexponent

Mentally Unstable..
Reaction score
The D60 and D50 hubs are 100% totally interchangable.

The dually adaptor will unbolt from the hub fairly easily. It should also go into a box and be shipped to me at a price as well :sly lol

Diesel_brad

Dunce
Reaction score
Well then when? There was a discussion on just that not too long ago on FTE, and one of the members posted pics of his IDI dually 4x4 with a D60 that clearly had dually-specific hubs, and not the hub extenders you mention...

Got me. My 95 and 97 have the factory extenders

Goofyexponent

Mentally Unstable..
Reaction score
Well then when? There was a discussion on just that not too long ago on FTE, and one of the members posted pics of his IDI dually 4x4 with a D60 that clearly had dually-specific hubs, and not the hub extenders you mention...

There are hubs specifically meant for dually applications ONLY in the OBS trucks. I have seen one or two sets around, unfortunatly none for sale :mad:

But there are the bolt on type as mentioned. I am not sure why some trucks have bolt on adapters, and some have complete one piece dually hubs :dunno

RedTruck

Reaction score
I have a '94 Dually D60 under an '84 250. I can't say for certain, but I suspect that even with the dually adapter removed the dually axle is slightly wider than a SRW front D60. I don't know if my axle was from a chassis cab or a pickup. It may make a difference.

Either way, it doesn't make much difference in appearance. It does make a difference in the life of tires!

There are a lot of fellows looking for that dually adapter.

Paul

Goofyexponent

Mentally Unstable..
Reaction score
I have a '94 Dually D60 under an '84 250. I can't say for certain, but I suspect that even with the dually adapter removed the dually axle is slightly wider than a SRW front D60. I don't know if my axle was from a chassis cab or a pickup. It may make a difference.

Either way, it doesn't make much difference in appearance. It does make a difference in the life of tires!

There are a lot of fellows looking for that dually adapter.

Paul

This brings up another point!

The front D60's are the same width. The only difference with them is the DRW trucks had wider hubs/adapters to allow the use of running all 6 backspaced wheels that are the same, and the SRW trucks had the same hubs as a D50 to run just plain old 8 bolt wheels. I haven't heard of the front D60 front housing being a different width on a pickup vs. a C&C truck.

HOWEVER...

The Cab and chassis trucks had a narrower rearend than the pickup versions had. I can't remember how much wider the pickups were than C&C trucks, but the C&C trucks ARE DEFINITLY NARROWER! (I know from swapping over 10.25's from truck to truck to assemble a dually lol)

82F100SWB

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I have never seen a 97 or older dually with adapters, mind you, every dually I've taken apart has been a cab and chassis. Pickup 4x4 duallys may have been different.
Everything but the wheel hubs is identical between a SRW and a DRW axle, and yes, a SRW 60 is wider than the SRW 10.25 rear, but, so is a D50, as can be seen very clearly here:
You must be registered for see images

Somewhere in my collection of junk I have 2 sets of dually hubs, one from the D60 under my big truck off of a 94 C&C, and one from the 93 C&C(both IDI's) we used as a parts Donor for my buddy's truck, but, I can't find either one at the moment.

gonecrazyi

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I also have a set of dually adapters from an 87 f350 crew cab 4x4. I have the ones that bolt onto the rotors.

Id off load them if some one was interested.

FORDF250HDXLT

The life of an Indian is like the wings of the air
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I also have a set of dually adapters from an 87 f350 crew cab 4x4. I have the ones that bolt onto the rotors.

Id off load them if some one was interested.

sweet!
pm sent;Sweet

There are hubs specifically meant for dually applications ONLY in the OBS trucks. I have seen one or two sets around, unfortunatly none for sale :mad:
unless you need these Goofyexponent?
you were here first.;Sweet

Last edited: