MachinistFabricator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
x2 on what Scott said.
my 01 F250 has the leather, and is for a lack of a better phrase, F'N comfy

Leeland

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Hope so, they look and feel good in a buddies truck. Might get them in this coming weekend, maybe next. Work cuts into my drinking and truck time a lot. Better to be in the feast season then the famine I suppose.

Leeland

Full Access Member
Reaction score
You must be registered for see images attach

Picked up a WH1C. It was cheap and still tight. After the clamp on down pipe as well as the flanged discharge on the compressor side. For exhaust brake and cac plumbing goals. Still have the pesky leaky up pipe to contend with.

Pulled compressor housing today, cleaned it up. Looks runnable as is.

Last edited:

Leeland

Full Access Member
Reaction score
went searching for the pig tail for a bronco over head. Ended up grabbing all of it plus a auto dimming mirror? As well as the double sun visor set up. It's the first one I've seen, thought it was kinda odd but cool. Raided a OBS Eddie Baurer bronco.

Leeland

Full Access Member
Reaction score

I've read through abunch of threads on how people mounted these seats on to stock 40/20/40 pans but they all lack pictures of how they did it. Just end results. It's pretty frustrating reading "search" over and over again. So here's how I'm going about this and here's why.

If you knock the SD mounts off the slider it makes the seat reasonably close to stock height from top of cushion to rail. The rails are around 1.25" thick EXCEPT the electric rail. It's about 3" thick from the seat mounting surface to the bottom of the motor and couple spots on the linkage. And this is at fully collapsed. With trimming to the pan that resembles more of a butchering with the amount of material taken out, I've gained about 1" of drop. At this point I'm torn. I can just spacer up the jump and passenger seats or I can section the pan. But doing so the channels I'm putting in are basically going to lay on the floor since there's only about 1" air gap between the bottom of the pan and the floor at the middle not to mention the left side mount will end up losing abunch of material. I'd like to have full functionality of the height adjustment but it looks like it's just not gonna happen.

I'm probably just gonna lay in the channels at the depth I've cut into the pan and spacer up the other two seats. Should still be lower then using the SD bracket which was my main goal. Just a FYI, totally would have been easier to mount manual rails to the drivers seat. Could have been done with the seat swap long time ago.

Oh and I forgot to mention. For the jump seat to bring it level with the passenger seat after the SD brackets were removed I bolted a pair of sliders to it from a stock 40/20/40 seat. Shortened the pull cable to make it functional.

Jump and passenger seats set on the frame. Not fastened.

Last edited:

Leeland

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Self mandated beer break. And I'll be very honest, don't think they are gonna be any lower then using the SD brackets.

Seeing how they all fit.

Leeland

Full Access Member
Reaction score

I've got a idea for finishing touches for the pan but it's gonna wait till after I recover my head liner.

Also looking into running the SD seat belts. Came with the seats for free.

Quick pic from the drivers seat into the back

Just drilled the floor, the SD brackets fit the floor pan pretty well in the back. Am going to weld in reinforcement to the under side of the cab. Would like to add sliders to it as well.

Last edited:

Leeland

Full Access Member
Reaction score

Little bit closer to deleting the factory filter head AND therefore finishing the plumbing on the cac. Going to be running a ff5320 and fs1003. Rated at 2 and 10 micron respectively. The fs1003 has a wif sensor making it kinda a spendy filter at around $30 ish. I have roughly $25 over that in all of it.

typ4

Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Hydraulic shop will have a single fitting to marry those bases if you want them together.

Leeland

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Got it covered Russ. Just need to build a mount for the assembly and find a suitable rock guard.

Good progress man, keep up the good work! Maybe one day I will swing by.
Group of friends and I are doing a get together possibly BBQ'ing on a Sunday next month. Location is in the country just out side Kiezer. If your interested your welcome to come. There's a few of us IDI guys, a 12V swapped truck, a dodge guy, and a stupid duty guy.

79jasper

Chickenhawk
Reaction score
Are you mounting it inboard or outboard of the frame?
I have mine outboard right behind the tcase. No dings from rocks yet.
Although a guard would be nice, JIC.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G935A using Tapatalk

Leeland

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Inboard of the frame rails is where mine are going. Not really digging putting them outside the protection of the frame as well a routing the fuel lines out there. The less people see the better IMO to boot.

Assembled.

Last edited: