Added two more doors.

Leeland

Full Access Member
Reaction score
You must be registered for see images attach

Plan has changed, all bearings are getting changed.

typ4

Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Do a crush sleeve eliminator kit on the pinion. Makes loosening yokes a thing of the past.
I have one on hand if you need it quick

Leeland

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Do a crush sleeve eliminator kit on the pinion. Makes loosening yokes a thing of the past.
I have one on hand if you need it quick
Text me later, I was gonna hit you up for one. I'm not sure when I can meet up with you though, have a wedding Sat and a B-day party for a mutual acquaintance Sunday.

typ4

Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I should do one, The kits come with a nice spacer but it needs a little chamfer for the pinion radius. I am doing this on them so they dont ever change preload.

Leeland

Full Access Member
Reaction score

It obviously got delivered. Shipping weight was 48lbs. Let it sit on the dinning room table a few days to see if she'd move it.. I'm waiting to order a bearing kit, preferred method of spending money is just asking for parts as a gift. Paying for it any way most of the time but no gripes about spending money.

Got the joy of trying to stop a crew with no power brakes or power steering. Example of the importance of checking the belt and hoses every once and a while. Lower radiator hose blew taking the belt with it.

Little better continuity of the interior, got rid of the grey floor. Ditching the slider back window for a one piece, I'm going to recover the head liner at that time.

typ4

Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
What shape is the slider in? I need one.

Leeland

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Opens and closes. The frame could use a respray, little faded. Looks like factory tint. Latch is there. Iirc there was a ding on the left side. It's going in the garbage if no one takes it when it comes out.

typ4

Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I need 2 so ill take it. give me a couple days notice.

Leeland

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I know there write ups and lots of info out there. Just went to ripping and tearing expecting one thing flow wise and got surprised with the opposite. Even stuck it in the rack to drain before I realized my folly. Any who, 6.9 should be just about ready to drop in this weekend.

Leeland

Full Access Member
Reaction score

Didn't quite get the oil cooler back on, but it's timed and front cover with new seal are on and water pump. Little bit closer to going in though.

typ4

Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
That one have the cam in it? If so did you check piston to valve clearance?

Leeland

Full Access Member
Reaction score

Russ, like I texted .088" is the smallest measurement I found. It was #2 intake. Rest were around .1 and above. I did not clean all the piston faces perfectly. Could have some carbon in the valve reliefs on the holes I had tighter readings on I'm thinking. I could chase the piston down with the intakes manually opening the valves. I know you said they chase each other in there, it was just a good first hand perspective of how close things really are.

Separate note, my bearing kit for the axle should be in tomorrow so I can get that thing wrapped up and installed under the truck.

typ4

Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Looks good. Ive got that shim kit ready, I can get it down there , boss's niece lives in salem.