Leeland

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Time to bounce back to the CAC.
You must be registered for see images attach

Leeland

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Kinda a repeat but it's in for good this time.

Tucks in well.

Plenty of room for the sensors.

Painted the intake. Still need to drill and tap the bung for the boost sensor. Plumbing right to left after deleting the factory fuel filter head.

Leeland

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Meant to add these yesterday but ran out of light. This is how close the aluminum stupid duty cac ports are to the radiator.
LH

RH

I forgot to clean up the cuts at the fan shroud, will do during later when swapping in the 6.9. Zip tied rags over the caps just in case the heat from the radiator makes one blow off.

Pretty much can't tell it's there unless you go looking.

Last edited:

BrandonMag

Dana 50 rebuilder
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Looks good. Nice work. Nice tip about the bore brushes, too. I will use that trick on my 4BT when I tear it down. ;Sweet

I must have missed it; are those temperature probes you installed in the CAC to measure pre- and post-cooler temps?

subway

be nice to the admin :D
Reaction score
Looks good, I had to go through all of the same stuff. Looks like i have the same 7.3 intercooler in my 94. How did you support the bottom. I welded some metal to the frame to hold the bottom.

Sent from my SPH-L720 using Tapatalk

Leeland

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Looks good. Nice work. Nice tip about the bore brushes, too. I will use that trick on my 4BT when I tear it down. ;Sweet

I must have missed it; are those temperature probes you installed in the CAC to measure pre- and post-cooler temps?
Thank buddy, yes it's for a pre and post temp gauge I have.

Looks good, I had to go through all of the same stuff. Looks like i have the same 7.3 intercooler in my 94. How did you support the bottom. I welded some metal to the frame to hold the bottom.

Sent from my SPH-L720 using Tapatalk
Simple L brackets kits with square tubing welded to it. There's a white obs that pops up googling intercooler on obs. I did basically that and kept all mounting on the core support.
Editted again, found a pic of one of my lower mounts.

Last edited:

Leeland

Full Access Member
Reaction score

Clutch started having disengagement issues. Pulled it down and found my hub separating.

Leeland

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Vatozone clutch. Jasper is correct. I sent him (Jasper) a link on this: Back story, I was cruising at highway speed, let off and went into decel for my turn. Really nasty squeal came from trans/firewall area. Took decel load away and it quit, make my turn and play with it some more. Did it again during decel in 5th, nothing in 4th, came back in 3rd. So kinda started wondering if it was a counter shaft bearing. Kept driving the truck to work for couple weeks and around town to get lumber etc while researching it. The squeal became more common, started doing it under acceleration in 4th, 5th, some times 3rd. I came across this thread while researching :http://www.ford-trucks.com/forums/1362045-zf5-very-strange-problems-searched-for-hours-4.html
Symptoms match to the T. I was a bit skeptical a clutch would make that noise. I had a brief discussion with Russ as he is in that thread and experienced the same thing. I had some disengagement issue at first so two people saying clutch made it something to check. The bad clutch engagement issues came during this period while researching. It got so bad that yesterday I had to shut the truck off, put it in reverse and start it again. It was missing 3rd bad, missed 5th a few times and did not want to go into 1st at a stop. So apart it came today. Just like the guy in the thread, hub separation. Replaced the release bearing and pilot while I was in there.
His video: http://youtu.be/-7LKE0XTwng
After replacing: no more squeal, roll over noise seemed to have cut down, pedal is much easier(wasn't that hard before).
And I'll add that's about 4years driving on that vato zone clutch. Mixed city/high way and some abuse

Last edited:

Leeland

Full Access Member
Reaction score

To touch on the rear door electric window conversion. Have not been able to find a 94 Turbo IDI engine bay harness to complete the swap without having to do wiring work soooo... Wrote down all 76 positions for both the 93 and 94 harness. Id'd changes, moved three wires on the dash side due to ease. Still have couple more to figure out. Can only hope the right engine bay harness falls in my lap before it goes much further. I'll have specific pin out changes and circuit discritptions when I'm done and haven't been drinking.

Leeland

Full Access Member
Reaction score

Found these and couldn't pass them up for the price. Another item on the "to do" list

snicklas

6.0 and Loving It!!
Staff member
Reaction score

Found these and couldn't pass them up for the price. Another item on the "to do" list

What are those out of? A Crew Cab SuperDuty? Looks similar to my Excursion.... but the center seat/console is different......

Leeland

Full Access Member
Reaction score

Better pics of what I bought.
They're out of a white and tan crew cab. Hotshot truck based out of Cali per the magnetic decal on one of the doors. The floor mats had lariat embroidering but the seats don't. And I didn't look at the truck much to see if it had a badge. Only ran $300 for the set and were local. Stock obs 40/20/40 seat with a rip, private party they're asking 225

snicklas

6.0 and Loving It!!
Staff member
Reaction score
If they are as comfortable as the seats in my Excursion (which it looks like they should be) you will LOVE them.......

They are the most comfortable place to sit that I own (vehicle or in the house). I have back problems, and there are times the truck is the only place I can sit and my back not hurt.........

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
zemmeron

Members online