7.3 IDI in a 79 f250

Exekiel69

Reaction score
Nice gauges and wiring. You can get a 3g alternator or use one from a taurus I heard and get rid of the regulators.

subway

be nice to the admin :D
Reaction score
maybe you could box out the gage mount a little to let them sit at a better angle??? just an idea, nice work keep the pics coming!

snowracer

Full Access Member
Reaction score
after lasts nights test drive and the volt regulator issues i put my spare regulator in this moring and all looked good. took it around the block and issue was fixed so over the hill i went and got some fuel. then got a txt from my buddy that he needed some help so figures a drive out to his place would be a good real fist drive for the truck. now that may not sound bad till you relize that he lives out nukko lake and that is a 45km (about 30miles) drive from my place. truck drove all the way out there and back into town with no issues and drives great other then some dline vibs from my home made middle shaft but i can live with it. must say it was a really weird felling driving the truck again and now that its a dsl and standard it was real weird but almost felt right

and once i was out there i had to go and grab the fuel tank filler neck off the haywagon so got a pic of the two trucks (or whats left of the HW) side by side

You must be registered for see images attach

havent been driving the thing a full day and have already started to put it to work as the box is now right loaded with scrap steel to take in this week. then this weekend comming up will be going and getting firewood and might be hauling a truck the scrapers later on too

FordGuy100

Reaction score
Guages look awesome, although my personal preference would be to put the boost and pyro right next to each other.

snowracer

Full Access Member
Reaction score
How's this thing coming man. All done?

well its not even close to done as the drive train swap was me just warming up :D

havent done much to it in the past few months other then watch it get covered in snow in the driveway but will be working on it this weekend

***mini update from a while back that i forgot to post so will just copy from local forum***

10/23/2012
well today was day two of driving the truck and its just doing awsome and even made me some money today. took a full 8 foot box of scrap steel in today and i worked out to 940 pounds.

oh and truck empty with me in it was 6700 on the scale

10/28/2012
built a front drive shaft last night and put it to good use today as we went and got some firewood, truck did great and i packed the largest load. really love having a dsl again as was able to leave the truck running most of the day and not even a dent on the fuel gauge.

cut down one big ass tree

dads load in the back of the duramax

buddys small load in the back of the half ton with a dry box

and put the PA log splitter to work

11/04/2012
got a rigid 20inch led bar for the front of the truck and made a real simple mount for it as will have to redo when i build my winch mount later on

GOOSE

Happy IDI'er
Reaction score
Your truck looks right at home, the scenery is breathtaking. I'd love to be there cutting up and hauling out some timber. Thanks for continuing with more awesome pictures.

snowracer

Full Access Member
Reaction score
well dont know how much you guys want me to keep posting as evething that im doing now really does not have to do with an idi and more just general mods

but this is what i have been up to anyways

built myself a center console for between my front seats as i was lacking storage in the truck. picked up to amo cans and then built a base for them as they are a good fit between the seats. set it up so the the cans open from the back

my mount might be a little over kill but oh well

and to make my amo can console even more high class built some cup holders out of some old drive shaft tube, flat stock and bolt. even laid down some ok looking welds

finished the console, still have to paint the cup holders but will wait till its warmer out for that.

changed out my brake lock off valve for a ball valve style that is good for 7500 psi

and my 450w inverter mounted on the passanger kick panel

and the threw firewall elect connectors

so thats if for right now

idimike

Reaction score
Curious as to how this thing is holding up?Hoarding up parts myself.What kind of mileage are you getting?
Thanks man

GOOSE

Happy IDI'er
Reaction score
Man, you have me wishing I still had some of the trucks I let go of in the past few years. I had a 1990 F350 4x4 chassis with an IDI in it and a '78 cab that was quite salvagable. Oh well, we'll get there again some day.

And, yes, keep it coming, your ideas are excellent, I like the brake lock and need to get more info on that.:sly

snowracer

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Curious as to how this thing is holding up?Hoarding up parts myself.What kind of mileage are you getting?
Thanks man

seems to be doing good but really havent been driving it much but will be working on it and driving it more come spring time. seems to be getting the same milage as when the motor and trans was in the 90 donor

Man, you have me wishing I still had some of the trucks I let go of in the past few years. I had a 1990 F350 4x4 chassis with an IDI in it and a '78 cab that was quite salvagable. Oh well, we'll get there again some day.

And, yes, keep it coming, your ideas are excellent, I like the brake lock and need to get more info on that.:sly

ok will keep updating as i go then, brake lock works much better now with the new valve but know it will be even better once i do rear discs

riotwarrior

Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Oh man as always great stuff...

He whats the scoop on HW...u using that chassis?

What is left of it?

Love that Ammo Can console, It gives me some ideas for a console...

Please, keep on posting cause regardless of the IDI bein done that truck will continue to get worked on and I'm sure that besides myself many here would like to see and hear more from you.

Just sayin...GOOD WORK

Al

BTW..ifn you get down this way...let me know n stop off for beverage!

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
dieselmainiac

Members online