7.3 IDI in a 79 f250

84TD

Full Access Member
Reaction score
@ NTOLERANCE - The trails there look amazing! It looks like our trucks have about the same wheelbase, do you have a D60 up front? I have a kingpin D60 and my turning radius is so bad when I am off road I am constantly doing 3 point turns and I hate it. Same for you or have you found a way to improve?

snowracer

Full Access Member
Reaction score
@ NTOLERANCE - The trails there look amazing! It looks like our trucks have about the same wheelbase, do you have a D60 up front? I have a kingpin D60 and my turning radius is so bad when I am off road I am constantly doing 3 point turns and I hate it. Same for you or have you found a way to improve?

truck had a 60 up front but is now gone, i parted the truck out after doing some thinking and looking at it. needed way more work then i wanted to do and decided to get out now after spending more time and money on it then i have. picked up a 1995 powerstroke for cheap and sold parts off it so it worked out to a $600 truck. pulled the 60 and other stuff that was still good from the 79 and have used some in the PS and crushed the rest.

You must be registered for see images attach

new truck is a much better tow rig and has been put to work since ive got it. did lots of upgrades already and am much happier with it and know i made the right decision for what im using the truck for.

snowracer

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I can see tearing it down but scraping the cab and everything is a no, you sell it to someone that could use it lol

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

you can only speed so much time and money limping a dead truck along and I just got sick of it. the cab and front clip was no good, ext cab floor needed to be replaced, needed a new roof section, doors, and front clip. the motor was old and needed to be rebuild, I cracked the trans housing and it wasn't shifting so well before that, also toasted the new rear drive shaft. only good parts left were the deck, and diffs really. for what I need a dsl truck for the 79 with an idi just didn't do it for me the powerstroke is 100time the truck the 79 was.