300 Hp!

Agnem

Using the Force!
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Well I'm still looking for somebody with some coin to try a Super Moose and Super Moose Misters. A damn expensive proposition I'm afraid, and one of the reasons why a Cummins swap makes more sense. It IS about the same money. But.... the person that does it... they will become famous, and not be "just another Cummins convert, with no guts, no glory, and no IDI". The Super Moose and Super Moose Misters are sized to support the stock injection lines. If you want more fuel than what the combo will deliver, then the factory lines are now your hold up. You would need bigger pipe.

Late_99_psd

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Why not put a different pump on there. To me it dosen't make sense to stic with the DB2. IDI's are much more sensitive to timing correct? So if you can find a inline pump with variable port opening and port closure then that seems like it would do great on an IDI, since it basically varing the timing.

FordGuy100

Reaction score
Why not put a different pump on there. To me it dosen't make sense to stic with the DB2. IDI's are much more sensitive to timing correct? So if you can find a inline pump with variable port opening and port closure then that seems like it would do great on an IDI, since it basically varing the timing.

$$$

Custom mount a different pump, you have to get the correct gear's on it otherwise it may spin to slow, fast, thus injecting fuel at the wrong time. Then you have to figure a way to time it on that custom mount. Custom fuel lines (thats probably the easiest thing to do).

Lots of work and money.

subway

be nice to the admin :D
Reaction score

not to mention it would never clear the stock intake manifold

Late_99_psd

Full Access Member
Reaction score
What about a DB4. Do they flow that much more fuel. Iknow they have 4 pumping chambers insted of 2 but does how much more fuel does that equate to. I assume they are similarly hard to modify as the DB2.

They should have a similar mount and gear as the factory.

Diesel JD

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Decomp pistons: You're going to have to have your own set made, pump? Pretty sure the DB4 can put out enough fuel to do it. Finding one for an 8 cylinder engine isn't easy, I've looked. They made them for marine spec GM 6.5 TD but they rotate the wrong way, don't know if Deere or Cummins or anyone else had a DB4 for a V8. It is a waaay superior pump, not only in terms of power potential but in terms of fine tuning for low emissions and better fuel economy but getting it to work with an IDI would be a challenge. I hear more discussion of different turbos now than ever before which I think is a good thing. No one really has run out of fuel on an IDI except for Flatlander with his two turbo setup before the Moose Pump. People usually just cant run enough boost to burn it all within the turbos efficiency range. NMB2 actually is using a better turbo and 88 Beast wants to use an H1C and so other have discussed using the H1C. I'm curious to see what will be the results of that.

FORDF250HDXLT

The life of an Indian is like the wings of the air
Supporting Member
Reaction score
fuel prices are at a record high,and you guys are still talking about ways to push more into an idi.:D

Late_99_psd

Full Access Member
Reaction score
From my understanding they put the DB4 on all 6.5's before the DS4, but I'm not sure. Do they all turn the opposite way or just marine applications?

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
lewisstevey7