2008 IDI Ralley

subway

be nice to the admin :D
Reaction score
heading out this morning i hope to be on the road in the next hour or two. yea. i hope the rain eases up on us that sucks in a tent.....

6 Nebraska IDIs

Reaction score
Hey, if anyone knows Barneys (Flatlander) phone number please PM it to me, I sent him a bunch of those Orings to bring to the rally, but the tracking number the PO gave me isnt showing squat, so I dont know if he got them or not. I know he left last night, so Im just trying to figure out if he got them or not.

HammerDown

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Hope you rally attendants are having better weather in the center of the state vs all the rain here in se Pa.

hoodshauler

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Hope everyone is having great time at the ralley. Sure wish I could have made this year. ;Sweet

subway

be nice to the admin :D
Reaction score
Hey, if anyone knows Barneys (Flatlander) phone number please PM it to me, I sent him a bunch of those Orings to bring to the rally, but the tracking number the PO gave me isnt showing squat, so I dont know if he got them or not. I know he left last night, so Im just trying to figure out if he got them or not.

nope asked him at the rally for some and he said they didnt come in time.....

just got back from a great time.

special thanks to Tina and Nick for putting it all together.

thanks to Mel to for checking my timing, funny its still right on after about 30k of WMO running.:D

Russ

Idont do injectors
Reaction score
Got home today, So far everyone is having a good time. Rain on Thursday and Friday, Saturday was mostly cloudy, but doable. Mel has timed at least 4 trucks, A radiator was replaced, three bumpers were swapped, and one elec. fuel pump was installed. And lots of time was spent on Gary's truck(not sure what was eventually fixed:dunno . Lots of food was eaten, some beverages were consumed, lots of firewood was burnt. It was good seeing some old faces, and fun meeting the new ones. I just wanted to thank Nick and Tina for hosting, the wings, and corn were great;Sweet I also want to thank everyone for creating a FANTASTIC breakfast this morning. If you went away hungry that was YOUR fault. All in all it was a GREAT time! Can wait until the next one. Sorry no pictures.

6 Nebraska IDIs

Reaction score
While all you guys were out having FUN, we spent the weekend installing the new 6.9 into my moms 94. lol

69oiler

I don't feel tardy
Reaction score
we made it home, we had a lot of fun! and i will throw in my vote for Heath and his wife to host in 2009 in Kentucky! ;Sweet

Darrin Tosh

IDI Hound
Reaction score
Now that I am caught up on work, returning phone calls and selling a car, I can post a little more,...;Sweet

The Rally went awesome, A big thanks to Nick and Tina for putting this together. Friday night we had a Buffalo Wing cookout, The food was exellent, not often you get wings when you are camping.

Like Gruss said, we did some bumper swaping, a first for any IDI Rally, Rear Bumper Install Clinic,.. Here is what happened,..

I brought down a stock bumper for Rob to replace his California tire Carrier bumper,. We made a deal and I now have that bumper on Big Ed,..Then Nick and I made a dieal on the 10" SS Chrome bumper off my truck, that one is now on Nicks PSD.

So 3 bumpers were removed and installed. Thanks for all of the help with the swaps guys!

Mel did his usual Timing Clinics, and I think he did 4 trucks,..? It was all a blurr.

the Cumins did great, on the way down, I got about 15 MPG, the temps got about 185, trans temp was 180 and egt hit 850, it ran nice and really never worked pulling the 5th wheel through the mountians. Only problem was a interooler boot pooped off with about 10 miles to go on the turnpike, It was an easy fix.

On the way home the truck was dumping out way to much smoke out of the tailpipes, we made it home but I may have an injector or pump problem. I will look into that this week.

I got a few pics but won't be able to post them till tomorrow.

It was great seeing everyone again and making new friends.

Darrin Tosh

IDI Hound
Reaction score
Big thanks to Rob for the bumper!. ;Sweet
Here are a couiple of pics of the bumper on Big Ed, Now I need to find a matching chrome wheel. instead of an old steel wheel and non matching tire. I do have a matching tire. Then get the trailer plug installed as well. the ty wrap install does not cut it.

Attachments

• bumper resizes.JPG
    bumper resizes.JPG
    486.2 KB · Views: 21
  • bumper resizesd 2.JPG
    bumper resizesd 2.JPG
    433.2 KB · Views: 18
Last edited:

flatlander

plays dirty when losing
Reaction score
As I said before, you are outstanding people. We had a great time as usual. I was disappointed that I didn't drive my truck, but it was nice to not have to check gauges constantly and always have that feeling that I'm going to be coasting to a stop at any moment. I will probably need 10 or 12 uneventful trips in a row before I stop worrying quite so much.

I did however take the time this evening to warm up my truck and take a couple of pics for the diesel power thread. I figured that if I'm going to break it it would be nice to break out front of my house instead of a couple hundred miles away.

I

160k87F250

not rocket science
Reaction score
Just got home today at 4:00. Had a great time. It was nice seeing everyone again and meeting new people. Looking forward to the "Fall rally?!" Might try to make that one, maybe w/ a turbo. (I doubt it:rotflmao ) Thanks again to Nick and Tina for a great time.
John

69oiler

I don't feel tardy
Reaction score
Rob how were the egt's on the way home?

Russ i can still bury the pyro needle at will, but i did notice a slight increase in power on the hills and better throttle response.

i did run it out of fuel on one tank while underway, but got it switched over to the other tank in time. 10 mpg towing the TT in the right lane 99% of the time running straight #2