2017 Oilburners Rally

laserjock

Almost there...
Supporting Member
Reaction score
We got in about an hour ago. Truck ran great. Stopping was a little sketchy. Lost the brake/hazard circuit on the truck somewhere around Wheeling, WV. Stopped and checked fuses under the hood in a downpour. They were all good. I was too wet and irritated to remember to check the fuse under the dash. That's probably the culprit. Manual brake lever still worked fine so I drove with a finger on it most of the last 200 miles.

Aside from that, the floated valve scare on the way down and the starter fiasco I am very pleased. I've got a pretty big list of things to sort before the next trip but isn't that always the case?

It was our first Rally and honestly it felt like we had been doing it for years with you guys. We really appreciated the hospitality and I wanted to thank Heath and Missy again for doing a great job picking a venue and organizing.

No to recuperate a little before going back to wor... Worrrr...

Hell I can't even type it much less say it. LOL

reset2

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Made it back last night at midnight. Uneventful except the light show 50 miles South of Morgantown WV. Wipers on high for 30 miles at 30 mph. So glad one of my pre flight (pre rally) repair of the wiper motor. Thanks to all and Heath and Missy. A side note, Made it from Liberty KY to home on both tanks plus 2 gallons, 560 miles.

UMR_Engnr

Full Access Member
Reaction score
We made it back to Kansas City.

11.4mpg (Elizabethtown, KY to 50 mi from MO border)
11.7mpg (To just west of St. Louis)
12.83mpg (To Kansas City)

Not sure why I got another mpg going to KS. Maybe flatter? Cruised at about 2900 RPM the whole way with only about 1000lb of cargo.

F350camper

BOOST!
Reaction score

Not sure why I got another mpg going to KS. Maybe flatter? Cruised at about 2900 RPM the whole way with only about 1000lb of cargo.
Glad to hear you made it, and it was nice to meet ya.

laserjock

Almost there...
Supporting Member
Reaction score

You could really use that overdrive.

Glad you made it in safe.

hesutton

The Anti-Anderson
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Sorry it has taken me a few days to post, but I've been working non-stop since I made it home.

A huge thank you to everyone who made the trip to Kentucky last week. It was great to see everyone. Some old friends, several new. Missy and I were thrilled to host and have you all here. Weather was very hot and humid (thank God for the pool), but no storms until Sunday as the stragglers were loading up and leaving.

As far as next year's rally. No one threw their hat in the ring to host. There were a few who mentioned a maybe or "if there is no one who hasn't hosted before, I'll do it again" kind of stuff.

Several of us talked about a more central rally point for the majority of folks coming to these things. Mid-Ohio would be pretty central for most, but, I don't know of past rally attendees that are in that area.

Missy and I would be glad to do it again next year in Nashville, but the cost is a problem. Nashville is not a cheap city to visit/stay in. The Whitmers mentioned being willing to host again as well, but maybe somewhere a little west of PA. Elijah also said he'd be able to host another rally if there were no takers (as he posted above).

Anyway, the location and host for the 2018 rally are undecided. Will likely need a "who wants to host the rally" thread at some point.

Heath

no mufflers

Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
the rally form has gotten a little more laid back so it does make it a little easier on the hostie.

I would be willing to host the 2018 rally. I can do it in either Massachusetts, Rhode island new Hampshire or even Connecticut. those are all pretty close to me in terms of distance.

I guess it all depends on who and how many people would be interested in the area or drive. for most people in the PA area the drive would be a close comparison to KY.

so that's my online throwing my hat in....LOL

GOOSE

Happy IDI'er
Reaction score
the rally form has gotten a little more laid back so it does make it a little easier on the hostie.

I would be willing to host the 2018 rally. I can do it in either Massachusetts, Rhode island new Hampshire or even Connecticut. those are all pretty close to me in terms of distance.

I guess it all depends on who and how many people would be interested in the area or drive. for most people in the PA area the drive would be a close comparison to KY.

so that's my online throwing my hat in....LOL
I regret missing your last rally, certainly wouldn't mind getting up that way.

Sent from my 0PJA2 using Tapatalk

Thewespaul

Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I don't know who I should pm so I'll put this here, if the community wants to have a more central rally this next year then I would be happy to host it, my concern is I haven't been able to go to one of the main rally's because of the distance, so please let me know if that is an issue since y'all might want someone who has experienced the main rally before to organize it. Totally understand if that's the case and no hard feelings ;Sweet
I have organized Texas meets in the past and with the upcoming Texas idi meet I would be able to brainstorm with local members and find a good state/location for the 2017 rally

Either way I will be to be attending the 2018 Oilburner's Rally! :cheers:

no mufflers

Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
that would be cool to get more of the OB group together.

im not sure if there would be a location that both sides wouldn't have to drive 1,000+ miles. for me the middle of Texas is a 2,000 mile drive.

Thewespaul

Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I wouldnt host it in Texas as thats hardly central, probably ohio region as stated before, just saw your post ahead of mine about throwing your hat in, sorry I didnt see that before making my post, if youre hosting it that works just as well:Thumbs Up

no mufflers

Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I wouldnt host it in Texas as thats hardly central, probably ohio region as stated before, just saw your post ahead of mine about throwing your hat in, sorry I didnt see that before making my post, if youre hosting it that works just as well:Thumbs Up

nope no bigie.. either way it doesn't bother me. the fairest thing would be to start a pole for people to vote. I would really like to get more people involved but its not just up to me and you.

no mufflers

Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
well if someone starts a poll mine would be categorized as a new England rally. the final location can be determined after that.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
olsen726

Members online