2008 IDI Ralley

4x4TruckinGirl

"Cowgirl"
Reaction score
Those are some gooooood lookin trucks!!!!!!!!!! That black crew cab dually is -Drool ........... Everything looks pretty spiffy though!!!!! Looks like a fun time was had.... least I got to talk to ya'll via musical phones.... haha

EMD_DRIVER

Say what?!?!
Reaction score
I finally made it home today... I'd be curious to know how many man-hours were spent on just MY truck, over the last 6 days! I tried leaving yesterday (Tuesday) at 6:30am, only to have my truck die on me in Garrett. After making Mel drive up to help me (Without his morning coffee!!!) we got it started. A few miles later and it was dead again. Mel had already left on his family's rafting trip, and Ron was generous enough to come BACK out to help me again.

I limped the truck back to the campground, where we installed an electric fuel pump. I was able to make it home, but the truck is still running like crap. I have no intentions of allowing this thing to kick my butt, so we'll see what finally turns out to be the culprit.

Before the dying started yesterday, this truck was running and handling like a dream! Darrin brought me a starter (Thanks Darrin!!) and my truck now turns over like it's supposed to. Ron brought a controller and GP relay, that fit very nicely! I ended up going through three different controllers and five relays, before we found a combination that worked!

For my first rally, I have to say that you all are some of the best friends a person can have!

A BIG thanks to Mel and Ron, for being so patient with me. Another BIG thanks to Nick and Tina for all the work that they put into making this rally such a great time. I'd also like to thank everyone that offered suggestions and a helping hand to me. I don't know what next year holds, but I hope that I'll have a camper to bring!(Hint...Hint Ron!!) Sleeping in the truck cab wasn't all that comfortable. I still would not have missed this for the world!

Gary

Darrin Tosh

IDI Hound
Reaction score
Just got a call from Ron, and they made it home safley ;Sweet It was a 9 1/2 hour trip with no problems,.

Thier internet is not working so he wanted to post this for him.

Now waiting to hear from Mel,.. :popcorn

Agnem

Using the Force!
Supporting Member
Reaction score
We made it as well. Sure was weird being the last one out and looking at an empty campground. Other than Tina and Nick's camper, there were 2 others. Elvis had definitly left the building. LOL Now to catch up on all the posts....

liddledoggie

Full Access Member
Reaction score
2008 Rally

liddledoggie made it home with no problems! Thank you Nick and Tina for a great time! PA is beautiful. Every rally is different and holds new experiences. We were so happy to attend this year's rally and see old and new friends, and we missed the ones who couldn't be there!

Just to let everyone know, after 2 doctors and more x-rays, we learned Jackie's arm is not broken, but badly bruised (contusions). She saw an orthopedic dr. and has to do some exercises to get her full range of motion back. She has no splint, cast or sling. Yippee! She's a happy camper!

Some T-storm knocked our internet out temporarily....that's why we didn't post right away, but we should be back in business again pretty soon. Using MIL's computer today...

Thanks again, Nick and Tina! :thumbsup:

liddledoggie and family

TLBREWER

Windy B Ranch
Reaction score
Well, We had a blast at the Rally! A big thanks to Nick and Tina. It was great to see new and old faces.

I've started an offical 2009 Rally thread here and on the BOOB site and added a link in my sig for it. We would love to host unless there are any objections. Can't wait to see you all again.

IF YOU'VE NEVER BEEN TO A RALLY............GO TO ONE!!!!! IT IS A GREAT TIME.

Heath

Heath

How did that cabin work out for you?

Tom

Russ

Idont do injectors
Reaction score
Glad to hear everyone made it home ok. Great news about the two girls with out casts. (Ruthie and Jackie). My water pump will get changed out tomorrow.

Dsl_Dog_Treat

I lost my face to the jaws of a poodle
Reaction score
Yup, had a big megga blast. A big thanks to Nick and Tina for hosting.
Am already looking forward to next year in K-tucky!

Gary, good to see you've found the problem. Camper is back a yard ornament.:D

Was great meeting up with old friends and meeting new ones.

Kind sucks leaving each year.

Oh and I do think Mel actually kept his clothes on this time.:rotflmao

hesutton

The Anti-Anderson
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Heath

How did that cabin work out for you?

Tom

Tom is worked out great!!! Much better that being in a tent in the rain.LOL A big thanks once again for helping us out with the cabin. I hope you can come next to the rally. Me and my wife are hosting and it would be cool to meet you. I know it's a long drive, but, we hope you can be there.;Sweet

Heath

TLBREWER

Windy B Ranch
Reaction score
Tom is worked out great!!! Much better that being in a tent in the rain.LOL A big thanks once again for helping us out with the cabin. I hope you can come next to the rally. Me and my wife are hosting and it would be cool to meet you. I know it's a long drive, but, we hope you can be there.;Sweet

Heath

We'll see. Photography business is really taking off. We're booked solid thru labor day. Two weekends off, then solid thru Halloween. Next year should be even busier.;Sweet Hopefully in a couple of years the company can buy a fifth wheel and we can land some jobs outside of the rocky mountain region to get us closer to you all.:D Kentucky is definately a step in the right direction. Another 4 or 500 miles west and we're in.:rotflmao

Oh yea...I'm really glad the cabin worked out. Especially considering the weather you had.

Tom

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
lewisstevey7