2016 MOB Oilburners IDI rally.

asmith

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Made it back just fine though
You must be registered for see images

two things. Who is Gary? As in what's his handle on here? lol

This is the most badass dually. Perfect stance. And the bull nose gives it such a great look!!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk[/QUOTE]
Gary here is gruss on the board. He rarely pops in but still hangs out with us. The dually is mine. It is a factory bull nose, but 4x4 and dually conversion[/QUOTE]

Yep. I knew the dually was yours. Been watching your build. I love it.

Thank you for clearing up who Gary was. I knew it was't icanfixall, but I didn't know another Gary on here and didn't recognize the truck.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

GOOSE

Happy IDI'er
Reaction score
Some rally modifications.

Andy cutting up his IC pipes

Corey with his on board air cleaning things up.
You must be registered for see images attach

Check for fitment

Corey doing the honors with my mig welder.

Hopefully no more boots blowing off.

Sent from my 0PJA2 using Tapatalk

typ4

Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Looks like fun, guess I should go sometime.

icanfixall

Official GMM hand model
Reaction score
Nice work but PLEASE... Wear the damn gloves right there on the tail gate. Remember what those hands will be touching some warm dark night under the sheets. Hands and fingers that went thru the met grinder will get a horrible response....

Plus they snag cephon too......

Dieselcrawler

Professional wrench holder
Staff member
Reaction score
You wear your gloves. Don't tell me what to do. I never wear gloves unless I am welding longer than 1/2 hour of anything 1/4 inch thick or more. Dispise gloves.

icanfixall

Official GMM hand model
Reaction score
:eek::eek:

Was not telling you what to do. I said... "please" wear gloves. That was not telling you what to do but it was asking you to do something.:angel:;p
I'm not perfect when it comes to ppe (personal protective equipment). But when its offered and available I use it and my hands prove that. So do my eyes and face.
One day of 8 hours doing 7018 stick welding with a very slight tear in my shirt pocket corner gave me a horrible blister burn from the ark. Thats when another older welder gave me a great tip. ALWAYS wear a t shirt when welding all day long. That was a painful lesson learned.
What you guys were doing at the rally must have taken some prior planning. Not many guys take those kind of tools and equipment on vacation.

icanfixall

Official GMM hand model
Reaction score
Heres a tip on boots that like to blow off from high boost. Spray some cheap hair spray on the boots and pipes. then assemble them and clamp them down. As the spray dries it creates a great seal like glue. then no more boots blowing off. That double flair is a good idea too. Did you use 2 clamps on it.

Dieselcrawler

Professional wrench holder
Staff member
Reaction score
Heres a tip on boots that like to blow off from high boost. Spray some cheap hair spray on the boots and pipes. then assemble them and clamp them down. As the spray dries it creates a great seal like glue. then no more boots blowing off. That double flair is a good idea too. Did you use 2 clamps on it.

Did that. Didn't work. Tube was an inch short. This the welding in of an inch more.

icanfixall

Official GMM hand model
Reaction score
Did that. Didn't work. Tube was an inch short. This the welding in of an inch more.

Well Bob's yer uncle... I figured you knew bout the hair spray trick but wnated to make sure. Its tuff working with things that are too short... But nothing nicer when everything fits as it was supposed to fit. I bet now your looking for that next "thing" that simply needs to be fixed...:angel::D

no mufflers

Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I made it back around 1:30, The drive went well. Looking forward to seeing you all at the next rally.

subway

be nice to the admin :D
Reaction score
Glad everyone made it back safe. We are still having fun, go figure the temps are dropping now that the rally is over. Time to hit the pool!

Sent from my SPH-L720 using Tapatalk

laserjock

Almost there...
Supporting Member
Reaction score
So okay... I'll go ahead and ask.... have plans been started for next year yet? I know this year was a shift in tradition a bit and there was a vote to determine host and location which was different from years past. Have the elders decided how next years will be done yet?

no mufflers

Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
So okay... I'll go ahead and ask.... have plans been started for next year yet? I know this year was a shift in tradition a bit and there was a vote to determine host and location which was different from years past. Have the elders decided how next years will be done yet?

a thread should be started soon with some details, but so far heath will be hosting the next rally. I will wait for him to disclose the location.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
freqencyheight

Members online