You ever have one of those OH F**K moments?

Freight_Train

Traitor to the brotherhood
Reaction score
Well,I did tonight running blocker for my race car.Buddy of mine was driving the tow rig hauling my car on a really old home built trailer with me running rear blocker since he truck ain't got a pigtail.Well,All was good for half the 10 mile trip until I noticed that the tire strap on the rear was inching left ever bump.Ok,I watched it hoping we could make it to the shop.About 4 miles away I saw it fall off:eek: and that is where I began to freak.Just paid $1200 bucks for this thing yesterday.Luckly so I thought we had just stopped at a stopsign so I started flashing my lights and blowing my horn(OK,Arooga Horn was a bad idea at this point!).well,he sat there so I figured he saw me.I get out and start up to his rig and notice he lets off the brake.......OH FUDGE!.....I start yelling and screaming at the top of my voice but he doesn't hear me and pulls forward at which time I see his truck and trailer take a hard left and my newly purchased race car take a casual drop off the trailer and gingerly roll across the roadway.

geonc

SPIDER BAIT
Reaction score
.......I start yelling and screaming at the top of my voice but he doesn't hear me and pulls forward at which time I see his truck and trailer take a hard left and my newly purchased race car take a casual drop off the trailer and gingerly roll across the roadway.

DOH! :eek: .....did it hurt the trailer? ;p

Man that really SUX!....seriously, any damage...other than the obvious?

Any po-po show up :eek:

Freight_Train

Reaction score
well,only damage is my shorts are now my racing underwear.We did get a lot done today though.Got it into the shop(you ever try to push a car with a spool in the rear end?),hung the body on it,pulled the seat and found one that will work but didn't get to install it,got the engine just about ready to install(Dang it,mustang is rear sump,Pinto is front sump!).

geonc

SPIDER BAIT
Reaction score
well,only damage is my shorts are now my racing underwear.We did get a lot done today though.Got it into the shop(you ever try to push a car with a spool in the rear end?),hung the body on it,pulled the seat and found one that will work but didn't get to install it,got the engine just about ready to install(Dang it,mustang is rear sump,Pinto is front sump!).

"racing underware"........ striped em' eh? :eek: :rotflmao ;p

:puke: spools -cuss My old shop foreman had a drag car and I've been there when it chit the bed and had to push that pig on the trailer :mad: ....guess he was too cheap to buy a winch;Really

Freight_Train

Reaction score
hee hee hee.I Think I will pass on that one.But after practic Saturday the
11th I will take a picture of the ugliest race car east of the Pacific.

Pinto chassis,Pinto floorpan,Pinto firewall,Pinto suspension,9" rear,Mustang front fenders and rear quarters(truck model),Crude sheetmetal doors,home built roof,Rattle can paint job........

Freight_Train

Reaction score
hee hee hee,Didn't make it to the November race.We have one comming up next month I might make it too.Not real sure though cause these special season kick off races are usualy a demo derby.I know Talladaga Short Track set a record for the most car ever to attend a dirt track race in Alabama last week.I feel like GVS might pull a bigger crowd since it is under new ownership and has ALL new surfaces/Facilities.....and let me tell ya,IT IS FREAKING FAST NOW!AND THERE ARE 3 OR 4 GROOVES,SIDE BY SIDE BABY!

tonkadoctor

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I see his truck and trailer take a hard left and my newly purchased race car take a casual drop off the trailer and gingerly roll across the roadway.

Had the rear strap snap on me in an emergency braking situation and my race car (69 Chevelle) went through the tailgate of my '82 F150:cry:

DeepRoots

Tug Engineer
Reaction score
on the way to a jobsite the other day I saw a bunch of boys with a mercedes on a flatbed. The mercedes had rolled forward and landed on the trailer hitch.

After talking to them, they strapped it from rolling back, but hadn't considered it rolling forward.

4x4TruckinGirl

"Cowgirl"
Reaction score
wow them folks dont sound very smart right there roots, hahahah. someone ought to remind em' to use 4 straps....

apextrans

What Log Book????
Reaction score
I had a rollback driver once (who was fired after this) put a J-hook underneath the rear of a restored corvette. J-hook bent the control arm when he "winched it down", which left slack in the chain, which allowed the hook to fall off, which allowed the corvette to come smashing thru the rollback headache board & push the back of the cab in a foot & pop the rear window when he panic stopped at a yellow light. Pushed him up against the steering wheel pretty good too. Fired him on the spot. Insurance Co. was NOT happy.

whitestroker

Reaction score
I was called at 2 am :backoff -cuss to do an emergency board up at a repair garage, so grabed a sheet of plywood and off i went. When I gets there I see A 16x 16 garage door with an ambulance cleen thru it! My first reaction was WTFO! Tow truck driver lost the ambulance when he tipped the bed. One 4x8 sheet was not enough so told the owner of the garage tough s--t see ya i went back to bed. Sent em a bill for the rude awakening and they paid it too!:D

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
olsen726