YEEHAW!!!! Blowed up my tranny today!!!!

OLDBULL8

Good Morning Ya'll.
Supporting Member
Reaction score
First thing to do is pull the flywheel dust cover and see if the flexplate broke. They will do that at the crank. I don't think you have the heavy flywheel. Since it just went "Bang" the tranny itself usually just don't quit unless a shaft broke. You sure it's not just a universal joint?

One way to check the flexplate is to jack up rear wheel, start it up, put in gear look and see if the TC is turning like it should.

Last edited:

benton

Country boy
Reaction score
theres nothing wrong with the u-joints and i had the inspection cover off and the flex plate is fine i checked all of that when it happend. i wish it was only a u-joint but it aint !

benton

Country boy
Reaction score
and i just remebered the truck was blowing fuses and i would lose the odometer and the trans would shift had has hell i dont know if that would have anything to do with it !!

SparkandFire

We're drinking beer
Reaction score
id also love to read all about your 400k+ mile C6 claim

My brown truck had 380k on the original C6 (I bought the truck from the original owner) 380k hard miles towing a 3 horse gooseneck all over the country.

I've been left stuck in the middle of one-lane steep mountain roads by two E4OD's (and personally got the pleasure of trying to back it down the hill to a wide spot so the slidebed could get to it.) One of em puked after the ford factory remaned it with 20k on the clock. No doubt if you cool it and baby it it will get you down the road, I'm just speaking from strictly firsthand experience from my tower construction days, the E4OD is not reliable enough in it's stock form...

benton

Country boy
Reaction score
welp i know where theres a turboed IDI that i can have thats a 4x4 5speed for parts but its in Paradise UT on my uncles dairy farm. its my grandpop's old welding rig but i have no way of goin and picking it up lol aint that a kick in the whohah

Diesel JD

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Maybe some of the OB brotherhood could help you get that rig. We have some giys in UT and all points between there and PA and it wouldn't be the first time we've helped each other this way.

Dieselcrawler

Professional wrench holder
Staff member
Reaction score
if u can get it to the ohio/indiana border by next saturday i can tow it back from there.....

Goofyexponent

Mentally Unstable..
Reaction score
BEnton my good sir, do yourself a HUGE favor and track down a ZF....I did the ZF swap last fall and I wouldn't EVER go back to a slushbox!!!!!

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
RangerDanger

Members online

No members online now.