yall gonna think im crazy LOWERING THE DUALLY!!

Diesel_brad

Dunce
Reaction score
see thats what ive been saying since you have first had experience i have a question.

if you can infact get an alignment with 2 inch springs if i went to 3 or 4 inch springs but moved the i beam mount hole up two inches would that infact keep it alignable ive seen alot of people that swear by it ... im going to try

but ill leave the stock springs alone and im getting springs for a 93 f350 reg cab with a 300 6 cylinder they are progressive rate load springs the only factor i dont know is how much drop they will give me i know there is a huge weight difference in the motors so we will just have to see

You are NOT going to be able to mount the pivot bracket higher. It is already jammed in there. If it was that easy, they wouldnt make new beams or spindles.

And those 6cyl springs are gonna sag the front out pretty good. Hopefully you will be able to align it

93cc7.3

needs turbo power
Reaction score
i verfied i have 1 inch of clearance from the top of the beam bushing to the inside of the crossmember with being raised 2 inches maybe the f350 crossmember is deeper idk but i did verify that myself

93cc7.3

needs turbo power
Reaction score
that's what a hammer is for right lol idk i haven't committed to anything yet tomorrow will be more action

93cc7.3

needs turbo power
Reaction score
spacer? didnt think there was one thought it was the the plate to secure the coil spring

flareside_thun

Reviving The General Tao
Reaction score
I removed this on my Flareside to give it some drop...haven't had any issues and the balljoints had enough adjustment to get the alignment right.

You must be registered for see images

93cc7.3

needs turbo power
Reaction score
i see thats a ttb mine is an i beam thats might be the reason i dont recall that spacer

Blind Driver2

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I'm doing something similar in a year or so.

My truck is going to get big sidepipes first. Then I'll shoehorn super singles under the dually fenders. They will raise the rear 5". I plan to add a 7" lowering kit using airbags. Then the front will get lowered about 2" with 19.5" wheels.

MUDKICKR

Full Access Member
Reaction score
what i have done in the past is remove the coil spring bucket and either raise it or lower it, always works well as long as you dont go overboard. would also like to see some more pics of duallys please

jam0o0

Full Access Member
Reaction score
i'm just spitballing here but don't all the hot rod guys bend the model A,T whatever front axles to get drop? they should be made out of the same stuff right? i've seen those guys just heat up the axles and bend them in an 's' shape. maybe you could do that with these beams without losing too much width.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ntjapkes