yall gonna think im crazy LOWERING THE DUALLY!!

bike-maker

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Somewhat similar; I used to have a 82 F150 that I lowered with the DJM dream beams. It's really the only right way to do it. They just reposition the spindles and ball joints up 3" in relation to the rest of the beam, leaving all of the geometry in the front end the same except for the steering linkage. It rode just the same as stock afterwards, and handled quite a bit better. They offer shackles that lower the rear 5", which I used in the beginning, then later put the stock shackles back on and flipped the axle over to the top of the leaf springs (it had a 9" rear end). This was a standard cab, step side (short bed) truck with taller tires in the rear than in the front. A dually would probably sit good with the 5" drop; the flipped axle left me with only 2" of rear wheel travel before the rear suspension hit the bump stops - making it virtually useless as a truck.

94f450sd

Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
A dually would probably sit good with the 5" drop; the flipped axle left me with only 2" of rear wheel travel before the rear suspension hit the bump stops - making it virtually useless as a truck.

notching the frame the right way will help.

93cc7.3

needs turbo power
Reaction score
if things progress as they have been then by next year it will be on bags going a 2 link in the back and i want to get the front down as far as i can staticly because itll have to be at whatever height that is when driving to avoid major tire wear

Diesel_brad

Dunce
Reaction score
Depending how low you want to go, differnt coils can do you right.
I lowered my lighting 2" wit a new set of coils from CoilSpring Specialitys. Any more and I would Of not been able to align it

Now, if you want more than that? I gotta say, Do it right(beams or spindles) or not at all

Ididriver

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Personal opinion but I really don't like lowered trucks unless there for the track
Having said that I must admit there are some lowered trucks I actually do like. If it's done right

93cc7.3

needs turbo power
Reaction score
Depending how low you want to go, differnt coils can do you right.
I lowered my lighting 2" wit a new set of coils from CoilSpring Specialitys. Any more and I would Of not been able to align it

Now, if you want more than that? I gotta say, Do it right(beams or spindles) or not at all

see thats what ive been saying since you have first had experience i have a question.

if you can infact get an alignment with 2 inch springs if i went to 3 or 4 inch springs but moved the i beam mount hole up two inches would that infact keep it alignable ive seen alot of people that swear by it ... im going to try

but ill leave the stock springs alone and im getting springs for a 93 f350 reg cab with a 300 6 cylinder they are progressive rate load springs the only factor i dont know is how much drop they will give me i know there is a huge weight difference in the motors so we will just have to see

93cc7.3

needs turbo power
Reaction score
also the reason im trying the i beam mount hole idea is for now im just lowering it. but later i will be bagging it.

and at the time i will get the dream beams BUT. the beams give you 3 inches soooo if you had bags you would still have to air it up to drive it with only a 3 inch drop.

im used to SLAMMMED trucks my 87 chevy was setup to ride an inch off the ground so if i can keep an alignment with 4 inches of drop without beams then three more with beams when bagged i could ride with it 7 inches of drop in the front and thats where i want it my 87 can throw sparks dragging frame..... and i grew up on a farm ... weird huh