X Springs ??

HOIB

MYRMIDON
Reaction score
Ok, what are X springs, I see questions about them somewhere else but i brought mine here for a more favorable reponse.

Do ya need em?
What are they for?
And, why would you need em?

TIA, Herb

jvencius

Reaction score
Firefighter616 said:
Ok, what are X springs, I see questions about them somewhere else but i brought mine here for a more favorable reponse.

Do ya need em?

Maybe, maybe not.

Firefighter616 said:
What are they for?

Carrying heavy loads on the front end of a Superduty.

Firefighter616 said:
And, why would you need em?

If you routinely load down the front of your truck (plow, heavy frontend replacement bumper, winch, etc...) then you might need them to stop frontend sag and maintain the normal rake of the truck's suspension.

Swany

Consiglieri
Reaction score
A lot of trucks sag in the front end, hence the need for X springs. Since you consistently wreck your trucks, you should consider buying them just for consumer confidence. LOL

Swany

Consiglieri
Reaction score
If your dealer doesn't know about the X springs, go to a better one. They should all know the deal with X springs.

ktpauley

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Herb, here are the part numbers, approximate prices, and what the springs are rated for.

X Springs

(2) 2C3Z-5310-AF Springs @ $154.32 ea

(4) F81Z-5705-ZA U-Bolts @ $15.88 ea

(8) N805480-S426 Nut @ $1.86 ea

Ford makes several different front spring sets for PSD 4x4s. The computer at the "factory" selects the correct spring pack for your truck based on the weight of the truck and all the factory options. Generally, here are the different front springs available for the computer to select:

Code T: rated at 4,400 pounds @ground - common on regular-cab PSDs.

Code U (as in you): rated at 4,800 pounds @ground - common on SuperCab PSDs.

Code V (as in Violet): rated at 5,200 pounds @ground - common on CrewCab PSDs.

Code W: rated at 5,600 pounds @ground - usually available only on F-450/F-550

Code X: rated at 6,000 pounds @ground - available from the factory on pickups with the snowplow prep pkg, and on F-450/F-550.

Keith

ktpauley

Full Access Member
Reaction score
That info is compliments of Smokey_Wren over on TDS. All I did was copy and paste it to a word document so I would have the info when I ordered my X springs. Have the dealer install. It took a friend and myself almost 10 hours to install in the driveway. I can't remember which botl it is, but one of them gets torqued to 250ft-lbs. Keith

architect-builder

Reaction score
ktpauley said:
That info is compliments of Smokey_Wren over on TDS. All I did was copy and paste it to a word document so I would have the info when I ordered my X springs. Have the dealer install. It took a friend and myself almost 10 hours to install in the driveway. I can't remember which botl it is, but one of them gets torqued to 250ft-lbs. Keith

SLACKER! :rolleyes:

( :D )

Barrett

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
lewisstevey7

Members online