wvo start up in 86 f250 6.9

ull7

Ford f250 Greaser
Reaction score
:dunno anyone ever try to start there diesel up on wvo? just wondering if it is possible or would cause damage to ip? just looking for a way to do it.warm weather coming soon I use an an 80wvo/20 diesel mix with one heat exchanger/filter right off the front tank and another before the ip. I would like to reduce the purge!

mankypro

Learning Slowly...
Reaction score
it's not worth trying, why put so much wear on your engine? you have two fuel tanks, why not use them? put diesel in one tank and your wvo blend in the other, start and stop on diesel - without heat and loops, etc your purge times will be greater than 5 minutes, but much better for your engine...

REDNEX

REDNEX
Reaction score
I use 30% kerosene 5% gas in my wvo for the summer and 40% k and 5%gas in winter with no problem. good luck

ull7

Ford f250 Greaser
Reaction score
Yea I suppose it is just a wish but it would be so nice if there was an easy way to make the beast run on 100% wvo and cut costs down to nil! I am still spending about 20 bucks every two weeks filling up my rear purge tank I will either let her idle for about 5 min for purge or drive her about 4 miles to purge.and of course that is more in the morning letting her warm up to thin the wvo down with the exchangers.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
fizzle