WTB / need small diesel Rad

riotwarrior

Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I am looking for a Rad that will work with the setup I am doing.

Having researched locally, OMG (COUGH) Heart Attack! Brain anurism aack! the prices are absolutely insane.

What I need is the smaller of the two IDI rad's about 23 3/4 x 31 1/8. I can get this custom cored locally but that is insane 11 - 1200 with a special core that has dimpled tubes that are apparently awesome at cooling.

So, from all of you US fellows, Anyone who can help me locate a good rad that fits that size which the Rad guy says is the smaller of the two IDI rads.

I need to run the small rad because I have an intercooler that fits in front of it just fine. I was going to use a PS rad that was behind the intercooler but the hose fittings are on the wrong ends. thus negating it's use.

Thanks to anyone who can even supply bad rad I can recore.

6 Nebraska IDIs

Reaction score
Which one are you looking for? I have both types. But only really would be interested in getting rid of one type.
Is that the one thats tall or wide?

riotwarrior

Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
The wide rad that I do not want is about 37" wide, across the top tank and around 22.5" from bottom of lower tank to top of upper tank.

My intercooler will not fit in front of that style of rad which is the same one I have that is pooched.

Thanks.

BTW Sean, I pulled the 1/4 off the Bronco and I will be removing the front fenders this here week or very early next week.

I have to get my new to me miller welder home UGH and the free steam cleaner as well....tomorrow...(Read HEAVY).

riotwarrior

Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I have one from a 97 E350 diesel van if that might work. I can measure it for you if your interested.
Well that may work....I am hoping for the actual small IDI rad so that I can purchase the correct hoses without any issues. I believe you have a rad for a Powerstroke and those hose outlets are on opposite sides for the P/U.

Feel free to give me dimensions and whether the upper and lower hoses are on Drivers or passengers side and the actual diameter of hose nipples.