WTB: 94' F350 4x4 Transfer case linkage

Reaction score
Hello, I bought my truck and It is stuck in 4x4, I looked underneath and found the aluminum, tube shaped linkage had broken at the top on it's bracket. Hopefuly someone will have the part, and know what I am trying to describe! thanks

Reaction score
ok, in this pic, it is the part #10.
Mine broke the top half off! My truck is stuck in 4x4 with this broken! help

You must be registered for see images attach

Highridge

Full Access Member
Reaction score
If you look on the diagram, you can disconnect part #3 and manually put it back into 2 HI. I just broke the same part on my truck and it costs about $280 if you go to Ford for it. The best thing to do is look on Cragislist or put a want ad on Craigslist. I ended up getting a few offers and bought a new part for $100.

Highridge

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I also see your in MA lol, If your near Billerica, theres a junkyard there that has a bunch in stock for $50 or $100 if they take it off the truck.

Reaction score
Thanks very much for the info. Im on cape cod, so thats a bit of a drive for me.
I will have to check around here first

dyoung14

Is getting worn out
Reaction score
would one off a transfer case from a gasser work? cause if so i have one and i will sell it for 30+ shipping if i can get it offLOL

Reaction score
As far as I know, it is the same, hopefully someone will chime in on this. I would certainally buy it from you if-so.

Its actually pretty easy to take off...the linkage just pops off with a screw driver, remove 2 - T50 torx bolts to unbolt it, and take the shift knob off and pull the whole thing down and out.

6 Nebraska IDIs

Reaction score
So long as its the same push down aluminum shaft POS shifter mecanism then sure it'll work just fine. I hate those things though. I don't understand why they didn't stay with the simple pin and plate design the late 80's early 90's trucks had. Those aluminum shifter tubes ALWAYS break. Dont feel bad, people will say, DONT BE SO ROUGH ON IT, but they are just an extremely ****** design. I guess the pin and plate was too good and Ford wasn't making any money since they never had to service them.

dyoung14

Is getting worn out
Reaction score
can you swap the old style onto the new style? cause the one i have is off a 89 model, but i do have a 93 model truck with the t-case out of it if i can find itcookoo

6 Nebraska IDIs

Reaction score
You will have to swap everything, and I mean everything from one to the other. But yes you can.

Reaction score
still need the linkage.....I would really just like the new style that I have now, cause it is easier for me to bolt in.

Anyone have it?

Goofyexponent

Mentally Unstable..
Reaction score
take these things off the truck once a year, knock the pins out and clean them...load them with grease and you can shift them with one finger without getting stuck or breaking. I shattered one last year and had to get another. I took it apart, cleaned it and put it back on the truck....no problems yet!

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
RangerDanger